Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Earbuds

So I'm sick of using cheap apple headphones or skullycandys that break within a month or so. Now that I have some money I'm looking for some good earbuds, I'm looking to spend around $150 but ideally less. I'd really like to have inline controls so I can change songs while im biking without having to take my phone out, mic isn't required but would be nice. I took a look at the CX300's and they look great but no in line control from what i saw, monster also has some beats for $99 and I know theres a lot of hate for beats, but I honestly think thats about the right price point for those earbuds compared to the $300+ crap.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The only post you will ever need when deciding on some in ear monitors

Pick your price range, look at the ratings compared to your expectations, check availability, voila.

Multi-IEM Review - 273 IEMs compared (VSonic VC02 Added 02/24/13 p.641)
Old March 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The wife has these Klipsh ones.

Klipsch Image S4i In-Ear Headphones with Built-in Mic - Black/Silver : In-Ear/Earbud Headphones - Future Shop

Not bad but a little on the bright side for my audio preferences but they have a mic and controls. I've used the same JBL Reference buds I bought on sale for 1/2 price for years. I keep replacing the rubber heads with whatever is lying around the house because I lose them once in a while. But the buds just keep going. Sadly you can't get them anymore. They sound fantastic and are built to last. I don't know anything about their new models. :(

Did I help? Likely not. I just like to talk about my awesome nylon chord JBL Refs, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 13, 2013, 07:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
The only post you will ever need when deciding on some in ear monitors

Pick your price range, look at the ratings compared to your expectations, check availability, voila.

Multi-IEM Review - 273 IEMs compared (VSonic VC02 Added 02/24/13 p.641)
That's a great thread, too bad I can't seem to find any of the really good ones listed in any Canadian retailers... Damn I'd like to buy something local for once!
Old March 13, 2013, 08:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
That's a great thread, too bad I can't seem to find any of the really good ones listed in any Canadian retailers... Damn I'd like to buy something local for once!
I got the Shure SE215 locally in Calgary at Axe Music a couple months ago after reading through that thread, I think they've got an Edmonton location too, and some higher end Shure sets if you're interested in those.
Old April 15, 2013, 03:12 PM
Rookie

i use the Klipsch S4a (android) and theyre great overall. i use them whenever i leave my house