Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2013, 06:02 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Question Possible to run speakers and headphones at the same time?

Hey, i have a logitech g110 keyboard, and my x12 headset is plugged in through it. i also have a speaker system plugged into the back of my computer. i was wondering if i would get them to work at the same time. i want to be able to set which programs use which audio device. for example, i could set up video games to run through the headset, and i could have music and youtube videos run through the speakers. I have been able to get it to where if i am playing music through my headset, and i click the test button for my speaker it will play the noise through my speakers only while my headphones are playing my music, but i havent been able to setup anything better than that . If this isnt possible, would i at least be able to setup one of my g-keys to switch between my headset being active, and my speakers being active? thanks in advance for your support
Old January 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Most applications have an option of what audio source you want them to use.
Old January 22, 2013, 06:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

*assuming Windows 7*

If you right click on the speaker in your tray and click playback devices you can set your speakers as default audio device which your music player and browser will use. Then within game and voice chat programs go to the audio tab in options and select the output device to be your speakers.

Some older games and even new don't give you the option to select output device though. And alot of the big name web browsers don't have audio options which restricts you to using whatever is set as the default sound device in the playback devices.
Old January 23, 2013, 10:59 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

is there anyway to run speaker and headphone simultaneously ?