Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Top bit of advise I can give is comfort beats nearly anything else, unless the sound quality is actually bad.

Corsairs (though a lil heavy) are probably the most comfortable headset I have ever worn, though (especially the USB ones) they aren't the best sound quality.
(the new 1300's are apparently quite decent, though without the soft earpads :( )

Try before you buy, comfortable for 1 person may not be for another.
Old December 31, 2012, 12:15 PM
Rookie

Well, I decided, thanks to you guys (and gals, if there were) to go with the Sennheiser PC360s and the Xonar Essence STX. Thanks for the help!
Old December 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think you'll be happy with that combo. The level of comfort and sound quality is excellent. Of course you could go with a "real" audio setup, but that involves a lot more equipment and money. Also, on a pc you are typically playing <192 kbps compressed files rather than CD or Vinyl, so having super high end headphones is kind of a waste. Do be aware that they are open headphones. Some people prefer closed for privacy.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old January 1, 2013, 04:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Ya have both of your options, your better off the way u went. My main problem is the pheobus and microphones and have treid lots of headsets believe me not just my 360's, have the rog asus ones the 350'senns, the tiamat's 7.1 all suck in ts3 with the pheobus sound card. Even went so far as to start buying pro audio mics usb ones, blue snowballs ect. ect. Nw the tiamats are cool but as others have said before true stereo sound on an open sound stage is the way to go in gaming. I think u would have to move to beyerdynamic to see a change from your sens...Am still playing with my audio-technica's (ath ad700) would love to get a good mic for them as their sound stage is wicked in games...plus for me the fit is cool, never had a hp feel so light on my head. My son inherited my stx, been considering getting another. Also may borrow his blue yeti he got for x-mas. He's running a set of hd555's and the yeti for gaming on an stx...
Old January 1, 2013, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Glad to hear you didn't give Razer your hard earned money!

Old January 1, 2013, 01:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippWhapp View Post
Glad to hear you didn't give Razer your hard earned money!
What is with people hating on Razer? I bought a few of their products and I had no problems. I do not mean to sound like an attack on you or anything, far from it! I'm just curious as to the hatred people have for that company.
Old January 1, 2013, 01:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I use there keyboards, mice and all sound cards and headsets have had nothing but problems with...
Old January 2, 2013, 05:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
What is with people hating on Razer? I bought a few of their products and I had no problems. I do not mean to sound like an attack on you or anything, far from it! I'm just curious as to the hatred people have for that company.
Razer is crap product supported by even crappier warranty... Corsair and Logitech are miles ahead.

Old January 6, 2013, 11:45 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

For sound quality, Senn. > Razer, and that is nearly without dispute. I'm still a stereo kind of guy (Essence ST w/ HD 558s), and would recommend that setup to anyone and everyone. Music sounds amazing, and games are just fine. And like WhippWhapp said, you can use the 7.1/5.1 emulator for gaming and it works great. If you listen to music while doing other activities at your desk, I would stick with stereo and get an STX or ST and some Senn. cans. You will not be disappointed.
Old January 6, 2013, 02:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My advice, no 7.1 headphones ,as Linus said, you only have 2 ears,so, 2 speakers. the brain reproduces binaural algorithms with only 2 speakers.

get good quality headphones with 2 speakers!
Of course,7.1 is a cool gadget, if you have money for high end 7.1 headphones...

try that and then,make your choice.

Virtual Barber Shop (Audio...use headphones, close ur eyes) - YouTube

Btw,Xonar Essence <3