Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Amazing headphones

Hello guys, i just got new headphones( that i have ordered a month ago,thanks amazon) and i have to say it's super amazing for the price:

Ifrogz - EarPollution CS40 - Casque Fermé - Blanc/Blanc: Amazon.fr: High-tech

The ifrogz ear pollution, 40 dollars and it's as good as many 100$ headphones I have tested, the sound quality is epic,the bass is perfect and there is no saturation, It's the best for the price I have ever tested,I think that for the sound quality I can compare it to the corsair vengeance 1500 i use for desktop... Even if it's less comfortable.

I know it does not look awesome when you see it ^^ but it's so worth it.
Old October 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I guess you and I differ greatly on what "super" is. I actually purchased a pair of these since I was curious. One look and I thought the build quality was horrible, and sure enough the plug broke almost immediately... I hope yours last longer. I also found that they didn't breathe well at all, and that is very important to me. In this price range, I would say Sony has some much better offerings. The Corsairs are horrible IMHO, so that comparison doesn't mean much to me. Sorry to dump on your review but I just had to reply since my experience was very different from your own.

Old October 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

6 months and works like a charm :D i agree the materials look quite weak but the sound quality is awesome for this price:) You know what? i have a lot of audio stuff at home,I'm a DJ and yea,seriously,It's an awesome one I'm sorry that yours broke that fast :/ and anyway i think it's the best by far for this price!
Old October 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I do DJ work as well in Montreal as a sideline, so I know whereof I speak ;)

I have MANY sets of cans too from low-end Sony's to AKG's, Sennheiser, etc.

I will admit the sound was pretty good when they worked, although I would somewhat differ on your assessment of the bass quality.

Old October 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Haha^^ actually i can put it to 24db on my sound card options and well ,no saturation even if it's loud, i find this pretty cool , hard to saturate
Old October 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well this is a new one. For that price I recommend these instead For only $21.15 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone | HeadPhones
Old October 22, 2012, 07:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Whaddaya guys spin?I dont think I will ever give up my modded HDJ-2000's
Old October 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I mostly spin British House stuff when I'm working, although it's been awhile since I've been down to any of the downtown clubs. I also mix some tracks and vids for my friend Saya... check out some of her tracks below:

Ride Your Train by Saya | Song | Free Music, Listen Now

Addicted to Bass received some play here in the clubs but I actually much prefer the Ride Your Train track... maybe because I'm on it

Old October 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
I mostly spin British House stuff when I'm working, although it's been awhile since I've been down to any of the downtown clubs. I also mix some tracks and vids for my friend Saya... check out some of her tracks below:

Ride Your Train by Saya | Song | Free Music, Listen Now

Addicted to Bass received some play here in the clubs but I actually much prefer the Ride Your Train track... maybe because I'm on it
Thanks! I will check it out when I get to my main rig. Always looking for nice tracks :)

I tend to spin prog and when the situation call for more heavy beats stick to psy. I personally like to spin anything but trip-hop and rum and ass. Just can't do it :)

Rented 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 nexus and matching DJM-2000 Nexus and trying to talk myself out of buying them lol. Just too much cheddar, but so much fun!

Damon