Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
MVP

Default New Creative cards, hopefully they will get reviewed?

Here is the info:

Press Releases

Three new cards, and the difference appears to be what kind of daughter boards they come with. I don't really understand the difference between the second and third cards, but hopefully they will get reviewed and these questions will be answered.

Computer audio tech seems to advance slower then CPU's or video cards, so this is definately news.

The audio processor in these cards is the "Core3D" processor like from their last batch of cards. This time it seems like they are putting decent components on the card to compliment the processor, which is good because that seemed to be the main drawback of the last batch. Does anyone know how this Core3D quad core processor compares to the audio processor on my Auzen Home Theatre HD? It will take a damn good card to get me to replace my HTHD.

Discuss.
Old August 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Havent heard much of anything about that new chip but every time i go sniffing around creative card reviews im pushed off by all the bad drivers people talk about... been a while though so who knows?
Old August 16, 2012, 03:19 AM
Banned

That is interesting cause i as well thought the recently released core3d cards where there new line of cards. but this makes things more interesting & i wonder how it will compare to the phobius asus soundcard then .....

Things look like they might have gotten a BIT MORE INTERESTING in the soundcard market then we initialy though ... ;)
Old August 16, 2012, 08:41 AM

My System Specs

Kinda curious about the ZxR. "The World’s Best Sounding Sound Card " is quite the claim.
Old August 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just got acquainted with my Phoebus,and now this. I agree with lowfat. "Worlds Best" is a claim that no one will ever agree with. My stuff is way better than yours. Know what I mean? It never ends. But I love it!
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5

Last edited by Slik; August 16, 2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: error
Old August 16, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

To me, this all boils down to drivers. I had to resort to unofficial drivers for my Auzentech Forte because the drivers were crap. (X-Fi chip, relies on Creative drivers) My XtremeGamer had a couple odd sound quirks here and there as well. If Creative can pair some good drivers with their "Best soundcard in the world", maybe it'll be worth the asking price.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

just noticed on another site oct/dec launch date ...