Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2008, 03:20 PM
Rookie

Default Does anyone own Logitech Z-2300

I,m looking to really upgrade my speakers on the computer.. used mostly for music and the odd movie and some gaming and I don't want 5.1 for the basic reason that I already have a HTS already and don't need it on the computer.. Does anyone here own the Logitech Z-2300 and what are your impressions of them because I cann't audition them for myself at the computer store. What I'm looking for is lots of power and natural sound with little compression at a fairly loud Level.

Thanks
Old April 15, 2008, 03:25 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I use the Z-2200 (the model the Z-2300 replaced) and i think they're amazing. Total about 200w RMS from the system means its scary loud at above half volume. Tons of bass, super clear, and THX certified . You cant go wrong!
Old April 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I love my Z-2300,i have a set on this comp with a X-fi and find the sound in every thing from games to CD's great.The 200 watts they say they put out,is for real you get all that in a quality product,as soon as you lift the box you know no light weight crap here.For the little over 100$ i payed very happy with buy.
Old April 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
Top Prospect

you can get a low end 5.1 speakers which around the same price as the z-2300
Old April 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
you can get a low end 5.1 speakers which around the same price as the z-2300
Ew ew ew. Why would anyone do that? Have lots of speakers that sound bad or a few that sounds amazing? The choice seems obvious to me.
Old April 16, 2008, 04:16 AM
MVP

Like most Logitech speakers, they're overly heavy on the bass, but if you tune the bass down, they're good for the price.
Old April 16, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I seconded everyones opinion the Z2300 is and was a very good speaker system I went a different route than you and upgraded to the z5500 Digital 5.1 system and it has served me well. I agree with Mars Logtiech has always been a little heavy on the bass but a little fine tuning and their well worth the price. I like Logitech because they don't underate their products or market them at peak wattage and overall they are pretty good qaulity. Look to places like Factory Direct usually you can find a set of these far cheaper then you would pay at retailer i.e. futurshop, best buy, etc. they might be a refurbished product but personally I have never ran into any problems with the refurbished products that I have bought.

LOGITECH Z2300 2.1 SPEAKRS-200W RMS (REFURB) Product Category - SPEAKERS - 3+ PIECES. factorydirect.ca Computer and Electronics Liquidator is your New and refurbished computer peripherals retail and wholesale computer liquidation source. 6 Stores in

For comparison

Future Shop: Computer Add-Ons: Computer Speakers: Logitech 200-Watt Computer Speakers With THX (Z-2300)

Kitchener Location: Call them soon stock report says they are almost out.

KITCHENER 1138 Victoria St N
ON N2B 3C9
Retail Info Line:
(519) 772-3284
E-mail:kitchener@factorydirect.ca

For as little as 16.00 dollars more you can get a 2 year warranty from them.

EE
Old April 16, 2008, 05:29 AM
Allstar

If you really want natural sounding speakers I'd stay away from pretty much any computer speaker as their sound is very coloured. I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend but I've got a set of Alesis speakers that sound amazing and are very loud.

Tom Lee Music - ALESIS - M1 ACTIVE MKII POWERED STUDIO MONITOR (PAIR)
Old April 16, 2008, 07:28 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Like most Logitech speakers, they're overly heavy on the bass, but if you tune the bass down, they're good for the price.
Hence the "Bass Adjust" knob located just below the volume knob on the Z-2300/2200 control pod. And a lil extra bass is fun sometimes anyways, it's better to have the option and be able to turn it down than having speakers with no bass at all or not enough.
Old April 16, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could look at Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1 series they are far more expensive then the logitech but offer slightly better sound I'd say then logitech especially if you are looking at the subwoofer.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX Computer Speaker System 160W RMS - DirectCanada