Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Splitter adapters are available for allowing desk top speaker and headphone connection at the same time. You can google to find what's available in your area. I would post a link for you,but every time I try it,it won't post. Good luck!
But won't that just give me 2 channels off the 5.1 with the other channels missing?

A friend was telling me that you can set-up different profiles for the sound-card just like you can do for the gpu or mouse etc depending on what our doing with it..

This sounds about perfect as I will probably have different EQ settings for game - music - movie as well as different outputs (headset / speakers)..

I do however have no idea where to start with it... I suppose actually getting the sound card would be a start.. :P
Old August 1, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
But won't that just give me 2 channels off the 5.1 with the other channels missing?

A friend was telling me that you can set-up different profiles for the sound-card just like you can do for the gpu or mouse etc depending on what our doing with it..

This sounds about perfect as I will probably have different EQ settings for game - music - movie as well as different outputs (headset / speakers)..

I do however have no idea where to start with it... I suppose actually getting the sound card would be a start.. :P
Good idea. Get the card etc.,set it up and then it will be easier to guide you through the various options and settings. There are a lot of members here that know a hell of a lot more than I do,and I'm sure they will help as well.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 1, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well.. this is on hold for now... apparently BestBuy don't deliver to hotels...

Son of a ****..
Old August 1, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Best Buy may not deliver to a hotel room,but they will deliver to the hotel itself. Have them deliver to the main hotel adress. If a hotel ordered something like TV's from best buy for the hotel board room for example,you gotta know they WILL deliver.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nope.. was on the phone to them... they will not deliver to a hotel.
I hadn't specified a room anyway...

Anyway.. it's too late even if I got them to send it now.. it wouldn't arrive in time.
Also it appears they are now sold-out of the 510's..
Old August 1, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I thought you said you already ordered and paid $47 for express delivery? Are you really interested in buying or just want info. Surely you have a friend or relative that lives in a house or apartment where you could have had something delivered. You don't need to depend on Best Buy either. Almost every retailer carries Asus and Tritton products. Tell us the truth. What is the real reason you can't,or don't want to buy?
Old August 1, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ohh no.. I really do want to buy... I was on the phone to them to find out why the order was canceled and if I could get them to deliver them in-time..
Anywhere else I could find that sells them either didn't have them in stock or wouldn't deliver in time or whatever..

The problem is finding ones that have it, will deliver in time AND take a non US credit card.. (yes.. it actually is a problem)
It's like they just don't want money..

It's OK though.. I found some black-ops branded ones going cheaper than even US prices on ebay in the UK..
Just need to figure out how the hell I'm gonna get them here (currently living and working in Ukraine)

Till I do this is on hold (customs are a real **** in this country and really really corrupt...)
I'm going home to Ireland in Oct anyway, so it will be no later than that.. Was really looking forward to these too.. :*(
Old August 2, 2012, 06:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I didn't know where you were. Good luck again. When you get home,let us know what you ended up with.
Old August 2, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post

I just remembered a feature with the Razer Tiamat's. The control pod with the Tiamat's lets you connect desktop speakers right on that pod. It comes with a dongle,and allows switching from the headphones to desktop 5.1 or stereo with one click of a button found on the control pod. Better than adapters for sure. I know the Tiamat's may not be in your budget,but I figured you might like to know that. It's a great feature. Razer thought of everything with the Tiamat design.
Old August 3, 2012, 04:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yea.. this would be ideal.. but alas I can't justify spending that much on them.. :(

(also they are as ugly as ****)