Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Emotiva Experience

I thought I'd create a thread letting people know about my entire experience dealing with Emotiva as they offer high quality pre-amps, processors and amplifiers. It seems that they are able to ship them from the States to Canada even though they state the default price shipped is to the states.

I sent them an email 2 days, getting a rather quick response (within a few hours) to my two questions (if they ship to Canada and if they have any B stock). Found out they do ship to Canada however don't have any B stock. Over the course of probably half a dozen to a dozen emails back in forth (over the span of 2 days ago and yesterday) I was able to place my order (A UPA-500 Amplifier) and get the ball rolling. The item was picked up by FedEX ground that afternoon is now enroute.

There were some extra fees, though any that are not charged they will be refunding back, it's so I don't have any surprise charges at the door.
Duties 6.5%
Brokerage 21$
GST 5%
Freight 43$ (the thing is about 30ish pounds)
(Don't you love all the extra fees shipping to Canada)

All in all I was very happy with the responses I received from Emotiva I can't wait to get the end product next week and enjoy rocking my house with their amp.
Old July 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Allstar

Thanks for the update. Basically matches my experience when purchasing the UMC-1 and UPA-7 from them and since I made that recommendation I'm glad they lived up to it! Of course I'm not surprised as they have been a great company to deal with. Just wish I had more money as they have a bunch of other stuff I'd like to buy haha (cd player, dac, new processor coming soon, etc, etc).

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N