Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2012, 03:19 AM
Default Asus Essence STX vs ThunderFX & Supreme FX IV

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX

I'm currently in a dilemma, my friends computer has BSOD so I have this master plan of selling him my current setup while upgrading myself. I currently have the Asus Xonar Essence STX in my Z77 Sabertooth with a 3570k. I am thinking about getting the above said motherboard while selling my soundcard and motherboard. The main reason to this is because I would love to use the ThunderFX on my PS3 and Laptop and the noise cancellation feature would be really welcomed as there is a bit of background noise where I am. How bad of a downgrade will the Supreme FX be from the Asus STX though?
Old July 19, 2012, 05:21 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The SupremeFX is still a perfectly capable solution. The only way you will really hear a difference is if you are an audio aficionado or you use high end headphones that require additional output.