Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
Allstar

Yes, it will definitely work out. That's a cool little box too, don't think I've seen one of those before.

Ok, keep us (or me from the looks of things haha) posted.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old July 26, 2012, 07:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Will do, probably won't have everything for at least a week or two
Old August 15, 2012, 05:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I'm finally all set up.

It seems that even though that box splitter works that I mentioned I can hear a bit of noise out of my speakers (with no music/audio playing) as the amp is amplifying a low signal that the box outputs even without any sound (aka the box outputs a low signal). I was fiddling around with the 3.5mm to digital audio and found that the channels (left and right) were finally playing just left or right (rather then booth). I then proceeded to hook up my centre speaker and sub woofer (don't have the rear speakers wired yet) and found I wasn't getting any audio out to them when I was playing music. Turns out I had to enable the Dolby surround sound (after enabling the windows surround sound) and turn on the base output.

Now I'm playing 3.1 (eventually 5.1) and it really sounds great. The only slight downside to my setup is that even if my speakers are off, sometimes I'll still get the bass "playing" as it is powered and I tend to not turn it off (hassle to get to it and turn it off).

I doubt I'll get to taking any pictures of my set up anytime soon (the living room is a frigin mess, along with my desk, I need to get some of my stuff sold in the B/S/T along with someone to locally buy my 4U server case and my stand-by receiver/5.1 surround sound and my back from the shop repaired Onkyo receiver).
Old August 15, 2012, 06:42 AM
Allstar

Glad to hear you got it working and sounds great (for the most part). It's a shame that the box splitter is noisy but hopefully it's not a huge issue for you. So have you cranked it yet and pissed off your neighbours?

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old August 15, 2012, 06:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Cranked it? I have windows sound level at 8 with the left and right speakers to about 50% (so I can better hear my centre speaker with music and when I watch tv/movies on my computer when set to 5.1 surround sound).

I'll probably verify again that it works and see if anyone wants to buy it. It does slightly suck but hey, it was a learning experience and I'm happy with the eventual end results. I plan on eventually going with their pre-amp/processor eventually so this is just a year or two temporary solution. Though by then I'll need to buy a sound system just for my PC as I'll more then likely use the pre-amp/processor and amplifier in my home theatre room I'll have in whatever house we own (Not only is the home theatre room approved by the fiancee its slightly wanted by her too)