Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2012, 10:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Creative Gigaworks T40 II (and Bose Wave)

i currently have a bose wave system hooked up to my computer.
i realize that the bose wave was definitely not made for computers, but they seem to sound alright anyway.
along with an upcoming build of mine, i was thinking of getting the creative gigaworks t40 II.
i used to be fond of 2.1 systems, but i don't want excessive or muddy bass that saturates my music and i do less of gaming and movies anyway.
so are the T40s good for general music? how do they compare to the bose wave that i currently have? how is the bass compared to bose wave? would a T20 be sufficient?

thanks in advanced
peace
Old July 9, 2012, 08:54 AM
Top Prospect

The only pc speakers I can recommend are the AudioEngine line. Nothing else really that puts "computer" beside "speakers" qualifies as hi-fi. You would be better off spending $200 on canuckaudiomart.com to get a good pair of monitors and an integrated amp or receiver for them. Even smaller, older $100 speakers with a good vintage integrated would put anything bose or creative manufactures to downright shame.
Old July 9, 2012, 12:05 PM
Rookie

I have the T20 and it's not great. I doubt the T40 is that much better. They sound very much like typical computer speakers. Weak.

Tags
bose , gigaworks , music , t40 , wave