Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default One headset for PC and Xbox?

Hi there. A few years ago I purchase the Turtle Beach x31's for my Xbox, and they saved my relationship. My GF no longer had to hear my games.

Two years later I bought the Turtle Beach PX5's. AA batteries for longer life, bluetooth, and they generally sound better than the x31's.

Now that I've built a gaming PC, I play Xbox on the same monitor, on the same desk, so my wireless headset is kinda useless. I'd like to get a good wired headset that works with both the PC and the Xbox.

To make my PX5's work with both, I have my PC plugged into the optical audio port of the transmitter, and the Xbox plugged with the red and white plugs. The optical audio overrides the component audio, so I must mute, or shut off my PC before I can hear the Xbox.

What do you guys use for non-wireless gaming headsets if you have both the Xbox and PC on the same desk? I'm getting sick of changing batteries.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For a very good set that won't break the bank,check out Tritton http//.Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Surround Dolby Digital Precision Gaming Headset | Tritton Technologies For the money,there's no better set.imo. Good luck.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 14, 2012, 09:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have a pair of these I picked up @ EB
Professional Grade PC Gaming Headset | Ear Force Z2 | Turtle Beach
Works great and not to expensive.

Old May 17, 2012, 08:12 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I think your best bet is to get a real nice set of stereo headphones instead of these 5.1 headphone sets. I modded my Audio Technica ad-700's with a mic and I use it for both the xbox and pc, and couldn't be happier. I have a xonar dg (cheap soundcard with nice features like Dolby headphone) and it really does rock with the AD700's. IMO stick with a name brand like Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamics, Audio Technica and buy the best set you can afford. In the end it's what sounds good to you. It's a tough thing to pay good money for headsets and not be able to try them out first. Sound is so subjective it's hard to say for sure what someone will like, but like I said, I think you'll be happy if you stick with one of the big brands of stereo headphones. One thing to be careful of if you do go that route, is the open air style of headphones bleed a lot of noise to the outside, meaning everyone in the room will be able to hear them to an extent as well. Good luck, hope this was a bit of help.