Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2008, 06:53 AM
MVP
F@H

Default The saga of Daniel K

Ok we or most of us were aware of the problems with SB drivers and support... they sucked to be blunt. The drivers for vista were bad.. so bad that a Brazillain by the name of Daniel decide to do some modding of them, how was he rewarded for making them work... a threat from sb forced him to quit... anyhow.. from here on out I am going to try other sound cards .. not many choices,, but damn...

Daniel_K, Who Fixed Creative's Broken Vista Drivers, Speaks Out | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

braziliantech Profile, braziliantech Details - FileFront.com

Old April 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Honestly, I sold my Prelude because of the SHITTTTY drivers. Never again will I buy a Creative card. Or anything that has to do with Creative

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old April 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
Allstar

Yep. Even though I love my audigy, I'm not buying anything else from creative after this debacle. They're dead to me now.
Old April 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Been following this for awhile over at Creative's forums, me I would have offered him employment.lol
Yes last time for Creative for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old April 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Been following this for awhile over at Creative's forums, me I would have offered him employment.lol
Yes last time for Creative for me.
Ya really or at least a nice PR move with a big thanks and some free Creative stuff. Like 2K did with the Bioshock WS patch made by RacerX (IIRC). They said thank you and gave him an 8800GTX. That's smart damage control. Creative are poo-poo heads.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Ya really or at least a nice PR move with a big thanks and some free Creative stuff. Like 2K did with the Bioshock WS patch made by RacerX (IIRC). They said thank you and gave him an 8800GTX. That's smart damage control. Creative are poo-poo heads.
Yup I think the backlash to this is going to take a bite out of their profits.
Almost everyone I talk to about this says the same thing " I wont buy a Creative product again"

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old April 5, 2008, 06:57 AM
Allstar

I agree, they really should have offered him a job. I stopped buying Creative cards a few years ago due to the bloated drivers and this whole debacle just reinforces my actions.
Old April 5, 2008, 07:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

As much as I understand their position WRT how they wanted to position their hardware (they obviously wanted folks to buy the latest and greatest cards instead of using legacy hardware under VISTA) I don't understand how they could be so clueless as to how this would affect their customer base.

Who do they think their customer base is??? With the state of on-board audio these days, the only folks buying add-on audio are the enthusiasts who are the very people who'd be pissed off royally by this stunt.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old April 5, 2008, 08:53 AM
MVP
F@H

At a time when I was wondering what 7.1 surround system to buy for my new Rig, Creative has made my choices much easier.

What Creative needs is a Class action Lawsuit against them for falsely advertising that their hardware fully supports Vista.

They should be giving this guy a job, not a hard time.
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g

Old April 5, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasheKicker View Post
At a time when I was wondering what 7.1 surround system to buy for my new Rig, Creative has made my choices much easier.

What Creative needs is a Class action Lawsuit against them for falsely advertising that their hardware fully supports Vista.

They should be giving this guy a job, not a hard time.
Like when they were sued over the 24bit Audigy crap, I never should have bought another after that.

Quote: