Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Problem with the Corsair SP2200

I'll put this in point form so you guys can maybe help me identify the problem.

- Plugged them in, high pitch "beep" sound coming out speakers when turned on.

- It's a constant " long beep" that goes non stop unless speakers get turned off.

- I made sure the physical connections were plugged in tight and correctly.

- Tried them on 2 different computers, on 2 different sound cards and on 2 different on board devices.

- Did a bit of research, from what I have gathered it could be some "grounding" problem with the sub woofer so I tried to move it around etc. and had no luck.

- Tried an ipod as well and had the same problem.

- The long beep sound occurs even when volume is at 0% .. it seems to depend on weather or not the speakers are turned on.

This is pretty much everything I have observed. I got these speakers for 39.99 on sale which is a really good deal considering they are 99.99 regular price, so if I can fix them I would rather keep them. I sent in an RMA request to corsair but thought maybe I could get some suggestions here on the forums. Any information will be appreciated.
Old April 20, 2012, 09:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have RMA'd 2 sets of those speakers and they still have not refunded my original purchase price as they promised they would. Here is my thread from NCIX: NCIX FORUMS - Speakers emmitting semi-constant static... - Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 4...

Here is another thread from NCIX: NCIX FORUMS - Constant high pitch noise - Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 4...

I do not have faith in the SP2200 and frankly Corsair has failed me. They have my money, they have my defective speakers and I have NOTHING.

Good Luck

Last edited by Phill; April 21, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old April 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
I have RMA'd 3 sets of those speakers and they still have not refunded my original purchase price as they promised they would. Here is my thread from NCIX: NCIX FORUMS - Speakers emmitting semi-constant static... - Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 4...

Here is another thread from NCIX: NCIX FORUMS - Constant high pitch noise - Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 4...

I do not have faith in the SP2200 and frankly Corsair has failed me. They have my money, they have my defective speakers and I have NOTHING.

Good Luck
Wow seriously? I have those speakers packed and ready to ship out which will probably cost more than what I paid for those stupid things. I hope this goes smooth :| ... sucks man thanks for the heads up.

btw .. Just read your post. They said the SP2200 were EOL ? They never said that to me, they said that my speakers would be replaced, unless of course they haven't mentioned this yet.

Last edited by deinosaur; April 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old April 21, 2012, 07:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup that is what they told me.

Also You should have pushed for them to pay for the return shipping. They paid all the shipping for my RMA's.

Good Luck and please post back here with your results!!
Old April 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
Yup that is what they told me.

Also You should have pushed for them to pay for the return shipping. They paid all the shipping for my RMA's.

Good Luck and please post back here with your results!!
Yea I asked Corsair but they haven't replied yet. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the situation, seems like it might get ugly!
Old April 21, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

with corsiar any product other than ram your beating a dead horse

so this is correct that when amp is on and @ zero volume your getting buzz,squeal from speakers but if volume is off zero is fine ?
Old April 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
with corsiar any product other than ram your beating a dead horse

so this is correct that when amp is on and @ zero volume your getting buzz,squeal from speakers but if volume is off zero is fine ?
if the speakers are turned off the buzz goes away, if they are turned on it comes on. no matter what volume it's on.
Old April 21, 2012, 12:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I just went to Purolator and FedEX and they both want to charge me over 100 dollars to ship out these speakers to Corsair. This is ground shipping too and they are in it's original box . . . . There is no way that I will pay this amount of money considering that it's more than double of what I originally paid for the speakers. I told Corsair about this, and hopefully they do pay the shipping. I can't imagine paying 100 dollars to ship these out to them and then getting "replacement" speakers that once again don't work. Am I going to spend another 100 + dollars to send the 2nd set of broken speakers? God no! that would be 200 + dollars that I could use to just get a set of much better speakers from a different company. What a shame, I will probably just accept my losses and toss these away. I been doing some reading and the defective rate on these is actually very high. I own the SP2500's for my main desktop and thank god those are working great. Shipping those would cost twice as much.
Old April 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Insist on it. They will pay.
Old April 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

$100 to ship? Did they have both feet on the scale when they were weighing it? I shipped Z680's across the country for $35. Canadapost will charge less than 1/2 that.