Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   Looking for a good 2.1 speaker system? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/53309-looking-good-2-1-speaker-system.html)

ginman522 April 12, 2012 06:12 PM

Looking for a good 2.1 speaker system?

I have an old logitech 5.1 system that I'm using, but I dont really need a 5.1, and the sound sucks. I'm looking for a good 2.1 system under $100. This is just gonna be used as a secondary setup since I have optical going into my Receiver/home theater system. I just dont want to always turn my HT on to listen to everyday browsing etc.

Any recommendations? Thanks :biggrin:

Was looking at .....

Corsair Gaming Audio Series

or
Klip Xtreme

or, not 2.1 but i hear good things...
M-AUDIO - M-AudioŽ AV 30 - Compact Monitor Speakers for Professional-Quality Media Creation

matches my pc, lol :shok:

NyteOwl April 12, 2012 06:56 PM

If you have the desktop space I'd go with the M-Audio. They give a nice clean solid sound.

If you want 2.1 or smaller satellites the Corsair aren't bad. I haven't heard or seen the Klip speakers so I can't comment on them.

ginman522 April 12, 2012 07:52 PM

Thanks,

the Klip's are more of a decoration, while taking a chance on the sound quality. The orange matches the Cougar fans on my PC :sad:... The Klip just looks good, although buyer reviews have been good as far as sound goes, but some also said built a little cheaply(outer materials) (from tigerdirect). Cost $75

M-audio will prolly sound the best but take up space, which I do have..my desk is 42"x22" and only a monitor, mouse and keyboard. Planning on a wireless printer down the road. Cost $90

The Corsair, I just love Corsair, everything they do, they do solidly so it's more of a can't go wrong choice. Cos $70

Decisions Decisions :dots:

Help, LOL :bananafunky:

Dragonstongue April 13, 2012 06:47 AM

XD3 CERWIN VEGA 2 Way Powered Desktop Speakers these can be found for ~$90 they apprently have excellent sound, plenty of low-mid-high with no clipping and can also go quite loud :)

ginman522 April 14, 2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonstongue (Post 620337)
XD3 CERWIN VEGA 2 Way Powered Desktop Speakers these can be found for ~$90 they apprently have excellent sound, plenty of low-mid-high with no clipping and can also go quite loud :)

I ended up getting the Cerwin Vega XD3's. I just happen to be at my local best buy and they were on sale :). They do rock!!! excellent quality, combined with the Gameblaster, even a sound noob like me is amazed :punk:

Added: I have been listening to these speakers all day, and wow...they are a steal at $90. Great bass from a 2.0 system, unbelievable, 5 stars!!! I can't recommend enough. better bass than many 2.1 systems out there, heck 5.1/7.1 systems for that matter. Are these speakers going to shake the floor? No....but under normal listening conditions, you don't miss a subwoofer. It has an extra bass switch, and it actually works correctly.

deinosaur April 18, 2012 01:55 PM

I purchased the Corsair Gaming Audio speakers you have on your link there. I got them on sale for 39.99 from NCIX.com (on boxing day) and I found them to be a steal for 40 dollars. The sound quality is great, and considering you are on a budget you do get good quality vs price for even 99.99 normal price. I can't speak for your other choices considering I haven't had the opportunity to test them but I can assure you the Corsair SP2200 are a solid choice.

WilfredGay July 4, 2012 08:18 PM

I haven't heard or seen the Klip speakers so I can't comment on them.