Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default New Toy

so for a while now i have been looking for something that would allow me to stream my music into my living room and not be an apple product. I finally found it today and it is FREAKING AMAZING. It's a line of wireless speakers from a company called Sonos.

I picked up a wireless bridge and they're huge S5 speaker. Not cheap mind but worth every penny.

Especially since i don't have any apple products.

Basically how it works is you connect the bridge to your wired network. install the software and go through all of the setups then add your sonos speakers. But if you have a bridge all you need is power. You can then add the speakers to the software and give them room designations.

You can then tell it where you live (closest metropolitan) and you can get a huge chunk of the local radio stations. Add you music folder and you can also stream music to the speakers. The best part they have a free app for both android and iOS.

And finally you pair multiple speakers in stereo pairs or place speakers in different rooms and send different music/radio to the speakers. Pretty slick. Sounds is pretty good. The one i got has 5 drivers each with a dedicated digital amp for each speaker.

The only catch i ran into was a bad switch was frustrating me during setup but got that resolved fairly quickly.

One bonus fact is if my cat is down stairs and scare the crap out of her from anywhere else in the house by suddenly blaring something. Very cool product.