Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2012, 08:23 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
congrats on the new purchase. Tascam is another great company.
Thanks! Recording straight into Audition, no problems and using compression effects, i can really make the audio sound the way i want. The preamp is really clean, no hiss, no artifacts so far. The only thing i dislike are the knobs, which feel like they've been attached by gum. Lowering the gain on the mic and boosting it in post is something i was very impressed about, which produced really clean results, unlike on the YETI, i had to record using the right gain without boosting in post, otherwise i got quite a bit of visible interfearance. Doesnt seem to be the case with the AT2035 + Tascam. I'll keep testing!
Old April 10, 2012, 08:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm a bit late to the party, but I was going to suggest the shure SM58, and X2U. You can buy them in a combo pack for $200. The x2u is for converting the xlr to usb. My sis had purchased it for making youtube videos, but I borrowed it to compare against my zalman clip on mic. I was super impressed with the audio quality, my buddies on TS said its the clearest they've ever heard anyone speak. The only drawback that I found, which probably won't be an issue for most, is that it needs to be quite close to the mouth in order to capture the clear audio without picking up background noise like the drone of my computer fans.
Shure Americas | SM58+X2u USB*Digital Bundle | Industry-standard, Touring, Vocal, Instrument
Old April 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odis172 View Post
I'm a bit late to the party, but I was going to suggest the shure SM58, and X2U. You can buy them in a combo pack for $200. The x2u is for converting the xlr to usb. My sis had purchased it for making youtube videos, but I borrowed it to compare against my zalman clip on mic. I was super impressed with the audio quality, my buddies on TS said its the clearest they've ever heard anyone speak. The only drawback that I found, which probably won't be an issue for most, is that it needs to be quite close to the mouth in order to capture the clear audio without picking up background noise like the drone of my computer fans.
Shure Americas | SM58+X2u USB*Digital Bundle | Industry-standard, Touring, Vocal, Instrument
That was actually one of the mics that i had in mind for sure, and it'll be my next mic! I like the quality, sound and price. But since its dynamic, like you said, i have to be pretty close to the mic in order to capture my voice, and this limits the usability of the SM58. Thats why i decided to stick with condenser mic, the AT2035 with the Tascam US-122mkii as the interface, to give me flexibility in the future, in case i want to expand my mic collection. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it! Cheers!

Tags
amp , new microphone