Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   ASUS Vulcan ANC WOW!!! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/52311-asus-vulcan-anc-wow.html)

Soullessone21 March 8, 2012 06:32 PM

ASUS Vulcan ANC WOW!!!

So got the Asus Vulcan Headset for the wife today.... WOOOW!!! their sound quality kills my Steel Series 5HV2's. The Noise Reduction is amazing my kids have the TV cranked behind me and I cant hear it at all.
The bass is so crisp as well as the Treble.

Thought I would try them for gaming, They draw you right into the game.
Crysis 2 I can hear where every shot is coming from.
SCII I can feel the pain of every Marine Dying a bloody death.
CoD I feel like I'm drawn right in,I can hear every foot step of my approaching prey as they turn around the corner to see a Assault Rifle Between their eyes and my Kill Cam to follow.
Starwars the Old Republic, the Accents come through vividly the voices are crisp and clear, Blaster fire can be heard from miles away.

If you want to truly be immersed is greatness, If you want to know what it feels to hear nothing but the Cries of your next Victim, Go, Go NOW and get your Asus Vulcan headset you will not be sorry :)

PS
:ph34r:They did not pay me to say all this :whistle:
But in all honesty these are amazing going to get a second set for myself as these are the wife's

jibz March 8, 2012 07:07 PM

They do look mad comfortable.

Also if you want a great sound experience from a game, play BF3 with audio set to HIFI. TBH BF3 is the first game to impress me with audio.

BF3 with a good sound card and Sennheiser cans is pretty insane, you can feel the percussion of nearby explosions against the side of your head.

Silent_Avenger March 8, 2012 07:28 PM

Dang those are nice don't know about the mic though I'd probably lose it somehow. :blarg:

marcmtlca March 22, 2012 06:51 AM

I am using them for streaming sc2 games and I agree that the noise cancelling and sound quality is pretty awesome. I do have one problem with them, there is a sort of buzzing that I can hear when my mic is being fed back into what I am listening to. The buzzing goes away when I place my hand on a metal part of my computer case and gets even louder when I put my hand on the mic. When I have the same setup but I use a desktop microphone instead of the asus one, the buzzing goes away. I am wonder what is up with that. I have checked online and it seems like several others have had this buzzing problem.

Adzsask March 22, 2012 07:38 AM

I would pay for your "job" I do the things you do for work, for my leisure hahaha. Been using a huge plantronics gamecom set for 3 years now, super comfy for long gaming nights, and nice clear sound/mic.

Soullessone21 March 22, 2012 10:19 AM

haha Lots of people say they want my Job till they actually see what I have to do, the moment they find the truth they say no amount of money is enough to do this, testing is my second job my main job is book keeping and ordering for a computer store and its hell, "mostly bad management" but testing is great all you have to do is be a good person and nice to people and lots of companies will want you to test for them:)

Adzsask March 22, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 613625)
haha Lots of people say they want my Job till they actually see what I have to do, the moment they find the truth they say no amount of money is enough to do this, testing is my second job my main job is book keeping and ordering for a computer store and its hell, "mostly bad management" but testing is great all you have to do is be a good person and nice to people and lots of companies will want you to test for them:)

Damn , well I'm an a hole so that counts me out hahaha, plus I do hate book work, but don't mind repairing old stuff, or ordering stock.

enaberif March 22, 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jibz (Post 609888)
They do look mad comfortable.

Also if you want a great sound experience from a game, play BF3 with audio set to HIFI. TBH BF3 is the first game to impress me with audio.

BF3 with a good sound card and Sennheiser cans is pretty insane, you can feel the percussion of nearby explosions against the side of your head.

Even with cheap headphones its insane hearing a rpg go zinging past you and exploding.