Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   Razer Tiamat 7.1 analog (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/52172-razer-tiamat-7-1-analog.html)

Bean Counter March 4, 2012 02:46 AM

Razer Tiamat 7.1 analog

....has anyone pre-ordered these yet....or considering it? this is the 1st set of 7.1 analog headphones ever developed. i'm thinking about it.....
www.razerzone.com

Bean Counter March 4, 2012 11:10 AM

thought i'd mention...my partner in crime....just pre-ordered these so i'll have a perfect opportunity to try them out. will let everyone what i think of them.

Jackquelegs March 4, 2012 12:03 PM

was tempted to order to give them a try, but given that it's razer it might hit/miss so I'll wait for the reviews this time.

Slik March 5, 2012 04:32 AM

I pre-ordere a set. They look pretty nice. 5 speakers in each cup. Should sound decent. I'll let us know how they sound after a couple of days gaming. I doubt they will beat "you know who",but we shall see.

supaflyx3 March 5, 2012 05:00 AM

Knowing razer, it'll be shit and a waste of money.

Slik March 5, 2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 608498)
Knowing razer, it'll be shit and a waste of money.

What are the negatives with Razer? This will be my first set of headphones from Razer. The reason I ordered them really,is that they are 7.1 analog. I prefer analog surround for gaming,and with Razer being as big as they are,I figured they would have decent products. Including headphones. Could you expand your opinion please? I have never purchased anything from Razer,so all opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Amarthfea March 6, 2012 02:51 AM

I've been waiting for someone to post this!

been watching these since about November of last year, but i'm not about to pre-order them form razer i'll get them from a Canadian distributor. These may be the set to retire my might barracudas my old 5.1 analog set.

I've had a chance to use a couple of sennheiser headphones, and they sound great for music, better then my barracudas, but in the battlefield I can't get used to them and can't track bullet direction at all with that virtual surround.

Slik March 6, 2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarthfea (Post 608894)
I've been waiting for someone to post this!

been watching these since about November of last year, but i'm not about to pre-order them form razer i'll get them from a Canadian distributor. These may be the set to retire my might barracudas my old 5.1 analog set.

I've had a chance to use a couple of sennheiser headphones, and they sound great for music, better then my barracudas, but in the battlefield I can't get used to them and can't track bullet direction at all with that virtual surround.

You made me feel guilty. How could I NOT wait for a Canadian retailer? F*&k getting them from Razer. I really don't care that much about the free delivery and T shirt anyway. I'm going to wait too. Thanks.

Slik March 8, 2012 10:51 AM

The Tiamat's are now available for pre-order from Canada Computers. $179.00. www.canadacomputers.com

Ed103194 March 18, 2012 07:26 PM

I agree with what supafly said, sound quality may be decent, but a good stereo headset will produce the same positioning effect as a 10 driver one, this is why you dont see sennheiser advertising the 7.1 crap and still get awesome reviews for their headsets.