Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2012, 02:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed103194 View Post
I agree with what supafly said, sound quality may be decent, but a good stereo headset will produce the same positioning effect as a 10 driver one, this is why you dont see sennheiser advertising the 7.1 crap and still get awesome reviews for their headsets.

I disagree, I had the opportunity to test out 2 different sennheiser, and would not take any over my aging 5.1 baracudas. The sennheiser sound great for a music and an audiphile there is absolutely no doubt in my mind about it.

I was always having to look behind my soldier in shooters because I can't tell what is behind me. Did that silenced sniper shot come from behind me cross from my right to left, or was it more straight behind me only slight to the left of me. Its not really something I can tell with stereo even with the positional effect, but I can with the barracudas.
Old March 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Better to get Beats in-ear Headphones! :D

Instead of wasting money on Razer and not only 50-80 bucks, ITS 180 BUCKS!
Old March 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I've had the Tiamats since March 7th and let me tell you, they're pretty amazing. :)
Old March 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by antunica View Post
I've had the Tiamats since March 7th and let me tell you, they're pretty amazing. :)
I'm jealous, you pre-order direct form razer? everywhere I look is back ordered :(
Old March 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarthfea View Post
I'm jealous, you pre-order direct form razer? everywhere I look is back ordered :(
yeah, i got the initial batch that went up on the 29th. I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to get them from razer for the next couple months until the demand eases up as they cant seem to meet it for even their store currently
Old March 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I've been waiting for these since they were first announced however they were delayed by almost 2 full quarters....and still not in retail channels yet :(

Currently using the Tritton True Analog 5.1 and they are pretty good....just curious about 7.1 :)
Old April 2, 2012, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Where the hell are these things? By the time they become available,some company is going to come out with something similar,or even better. I really really want to try a set,but my patience is about gone. I'm glad I have the Carbons. At least you can get them.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 8, 2012, 04:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well, im not audiophile or sound guy, but logic tells me you can not possibly get the same sound quality with 5 smalls drivers as you can with one 40 or 50mm driver, until i see some convincing reviews, ill call a miss on this one, plus, its razer, "call it something special, and price it like its actually special".
Old April 8, 2012, 07:26 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Knowing razer, it'll be shit and a waste of money.
I tend to agree here- the last set of Razer headphones I owned were utter crap, my F540's are in a different class altogether.

Old April 8, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My wife ordered a set for me from Amazon. 1 to 3 months for delivery. Pretty much the same at all stores. On back order,and not likely to be delivered for a couple of months. I can only hope these things are worth waiting for.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5