Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2012, 02:15 PM
Rookie

Default What headset would be best for me?

Ok my old head set i have been using(Newegg.com - Cyber Snipa CSHSSO01 USB Connector Circumaural Sonar 5.1 Headset) broke today and it broke where the ear piece swivels(i think i have a big head and put extra strain on that point,cause the one before that broke in the same place)i looked at the page and it says it had a 1-Year Limited Warranty,but when i called the support phone number listed on the page it said something about campus submission,so i think the company went out of business,so no getting it fixed,i am currently borrowing the headset from my xbox(Newegg.com - Turtle Beach X12 XBOX 360 Headset)but it's not all that great,plus i want to go back to using it on my xbox.

So i need to get a new headset,and would like some suggestions,but here are my requirements,it must have a mic,i would prefer 5.1 or 7.1,but will do with stereo if need be,i perfer the Circumaural type headsets,i want one that is comfortable my old head set was barly to small and it pressed on my ear and it would hurt after a while,and my ears barly fit in my X12's,my budget would be at MOST $150,but would rather not spend that unless i have to to get a good headset,and last i want one that will last a long time for someone with a big head,cause at first i used 20$ logitech headset,and they would last a long time,but their sound was horrible,the i got a pair of turtle beach Z1's and they lasted barly 2 months,and this last headset broke after 5 1/2 months.

If it helps my current sound card is the onboard sound on my Sabertooth 990FX motherboard.

Also i am posting this same post to a few different sites so i can get a lot of suggestions.

thank you guys for the help.
Old March 6, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

First thing I would do,is get a decent sound card. Whichever set of headphones you end up buying,will sound a hell of a lot better with a sound card. Shop around. For $150.00,you can get a set of Tritton HDa 5.1 analog headphones and a good sound card. Asus,Creative etc. have very good cards in the $50.00 range. Probably, even less if you shop around. Let us know.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 28, 2012, 07:12 AM
Allstar

LOL I have a xbox and have never hooked a headset up to it, so I don't know if it has to be USB or if you can use analog plugs. I got my Sennheiser 360's for $150, they are comfortable, open cup, and sound great for the price. You could start out with that headset with onboard audio, they are small enough not to need a headphone amp. They do improve a lot though if you bump up your sound card. I know this is on your max budget end, I would push towards spending around the $80-100 mark at least if you want quality. I just have never been happy with $50 sets.

Eight 5.1- And 7.1-Channel Gaming Headsets, Reviewed

I don't usually suggest Toms for much, but sound is subjective anyway and they cover off your budget.
Old April 3, 2012, 12:15 PM
Rookie

I have the wireless G930 logitech headset and it works great!. it can go wireless for 8 hours before i have to charge it and when i do charge it , i just plug it in and its like a wired headset. LOL. very nice mic and sound quality.

plus i love the two way mute system, volume control and 3 macro keys on the side of the headset.

Highly Recommend.
Old April 7, 2012, 12:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbui View Post
I have the wireless G930 logitech headset and it works great!. it can go wireless for 8 hours before i have to charge it and when i do charge it , i just plug it in and its like a wired headset. LOL. very nice mic and sound quality.

plus i love the two way mute system, volume control and 3 macro keys on the side of the headset.

Highly Recommend.
I also have the G930 - very happy with it overall.
Old April 7, 2012, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by olasoe View Post
can anyone tell me which one is better? best xbox 360 headset
i would like to use it with my PC too, and wireless if possible
Take a look at www.trittonusa.com/prod/ax720.asp Wireless is not really the way to go for the best sound.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5

Last edited by Slik; April 7, 2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: add info
Old April 7, 2012, 09:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have purchased at least a dozen headsets, the one I liked the most were the larger canned plantronics gamecon's.
Old April 7, 2012, 11:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vect0r View Post
I also have the G930 - very happy with it overall.
I have a Logitech F540, which is basically the G930 with multiple inputs. I can't say enough good things about it, plus I can use it with my XBOX and PS3.

Sound quality, build quality, range, battery life, ergonomics are all top notch... plus they're wireless- what's not to like?

Plus Logitech has awesome warranty and customer support.

Turns out NCIX has F540 on sale for $100, which is a steal!

Logitech F540 Wireless Gaming Headset 3.5MM RCA PS3 XBox 360 - Logitech - 981-000277

Last edited by WhippWhapp; April 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old July 4, 2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

you can get a set of Tritton HDa 5.1 analog headphones and a good sound card.