Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2012, 05:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default low profile with 1/4" amped headphone jack

Is there any good quality low profile card's that feature a good amped 1/4" headphone jack? I'm forced to go low profile to fit under EK's sli link . What do you guys recommend to power a set of sennheiser hd558 and 5.1 speakers? I'm going from an Azentech Bravura 7.1 which was an absolute beauty.

Summery of what I'm looking for:
headphone jack (1/4" preferred)
5.1 speaker (both headphone and speakers separate and available simultaneously)
Well reviewed amp
low profile

Last edited by jibz; January 21, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 22, 2012, 08:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The only thing that comes to mind is the Auzentech Forte.
Old January 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The Forte's jack is a 1/8", although you can use an adapter. When mine is set to 5.1 speakers, it still pumps sound to the headphones. When it's set to headphones, the speakers cut off.
Old January 22, 2012, 11:40 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

So far the forte looks like the best solution after researching for a couple hours. It appears to have the same 16-600ohm impedance headphone amp and specs as my bravura just a different form factor jack. I was trying to avoid it as I have to use a break away for 5.1 and a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor with my raven case. (outputs come out the top and have to fit under the bezel)

I do alot of sound device swapping where I'll have voice chat coming through my headset, mild level music from my speakers and also an audio loopback for broadcasting and any combinations of sound devices and outputs.

I have to say PC games that don't have the option to select audio output device is one of my biggest pet peeves as I have to change all my settings around using default sound device for the game.
Old February 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
Rookie

The Xonar DG comes with a low profile bracket but comes with an amped 1/8" jack - I tried both the STX/DG and they both sound good to my ears (I've had really good experience with xonars so I've never really bothered with other sound cards) Your cans are 50 ohms and you got the adapter anyways =)