Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
Top Prospect

Default headset for skype

Can anyone provide me some suggestions for a headset for using skype?

I know there are a lot out there but I only wanted a cheap one but somewhat comfortable.

I thought maybe $20? Is it possible to get anything decent for that amount?

I guess I could go up to $40 but I just need it to be comfortable to use for a little while.

Also, I prefer that it's usb. I read some threads on here and although, they are similar to mine, one is wanting comfort and price is no object.

Another thread, the poster is requesting one for gaming.

I guess they are able to do both?

I read that some people suggest buying a headset and then getting a clip on mic or a mic that plugs into the laptop's sound jack (3.5) but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I hope someone reads my post and has some suggestions/advice. I don't want to spend too much time shopping. :) But, I hope to find a good option.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old February 7, 2012, 12:52 AM
Top Prospect

Were my questions no good or something? Or maybe I said something wrong?

I was also wondering if I should buy a mic and headset separately. But, then can I get usb?

I thought gamers often wore these kinds of headsets to play online. But, no replies and 120+ views?

I guess my question is stupid?

There's just so many options and headsets, I have no idea which one is a decent buy.
Old February 7, 2012, 12:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Zalman ZM-MIC 1 Microphone - ZALMAN TECH - ZM-MIC1 that + whatever headphones you desire.
Old February 7, 2012, 01:47 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well first thing the forums get quiet right about now so getting an answer right away won't always happen. Also the clip on mic is a good idea meaning you can use your existing headphones or choose any headphones you want. If you want an all in one type of thing the Corsair Vengence 1100 headset is a decent buy and is usb although I find usb useless in most cases especially if you're just using it for skype but that's just my opinion.

Currently has $10 MIR

Corsair Vengeance 1100 Communication Headset 40MM Driver USB + Analog - Corsair - CA-9011113-WW

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.