Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2008, 08:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Asus Xonar D2X problems...

I have the abov mentioned card and I cannot seem to get it to output the speaker channels properly.

I have a set of Klipsch 5.1 Ultra's and I have set them up a dozens of times with various sound cards and have never had problems, so I never checked to see if they were being sent the proper channels and they are definately not. I went through the Xonar's GUI and tested them and they are completely borked. Center is being sent to the rear right and all kinds of goofy stuff. I dont understand why I have to use the "swap center and sub" to get them sorted either.

Never had this kind of problem b4. I do have a over-the-counter replacement warranty, but I find it impossible to get this mixed up at the factory. Anybody have any ideas??
Old March 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
Allstar

This card has the 7.1 channel shifter..sometimes it gets messed up and can give symptoms like you are saying. Check in there and set it to default. I don't have a Xonar in front of me so I am going from memory. Also make sure you set up the Audio control panel in Vista for the speaker system you are using. Make sure you are using the newest drivers for this card. -From the ASUS site.