Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 21, 2011, 12:59 AM
Rookie

Default Razer Carcharias or Corsair Vengeance 1500?

I will be playing Battlefield mostly. Does the surround sound of the Vengeance 1500 work well in BF3? I heard the Bass in the Vengeance 1500 is really quiet? Is this true? Out of these two (ONLY), which should I buy? I won't have a sound card. I have seen Linus' unboxing of each and they both look good, however that's all those videos are; not reviews, unboxing videos. Thanks
Old December 21, 2011, 01:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know you said only between those 2, but you might find a Sirus onsale somewhere, very nice usb headset, thought the analog connections sound better than through the usb control pod.
Just thought i would throw it out there.
No experience with either of those 2 headsets so other than that I will shut up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 21, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I agree SG, IMHO the CM Storm Sirus is MUCH better than either of those headsets.

The 1500's are VERY less than optimal so if it has to be between those two I would go with the Razer's.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 21, 2011, 01:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I agree SG, IMHO the CM Storm Sirus is MUCH better than either of those headsets.

The 1500's are VERY less than optimal so if it has to be between those two I would go with the Razer's.
I'll also note that they took quite the beating the other week when the wife was choking and I hurled them hard on the desk.
I was pretty impressed for how hard they slammed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 21, 2011, 04:20 AM
Rookie

Do any of you have experience with these in Battlefield 3? How does the 5.1 fare?
Old December 21, 2011, 04:20 AM
Rookie

The Sirus that is