Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
MVP

Default Cowon D2 and Q5W

I have drooling over the D2 for a while now it seems like a very reliable touchscreen media player that IMO rivals the Ipod touch. And now I see the Q5w is going to be available through NCIX and even though its expensive it looks AMAZING. I don't think many people own the Q5W's yet but if you do I would love to hear about it. And for anyone that owns the D2 i wouldn't mind hearing about that either. The D2 is really dropping in price now (150 bucks for a 4 g) and its really appealling of course the Q5W is far more pretty but for 350 bucks more than a D2 it really should be...
Old March 7, 2008, 04:56 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

So....what are you asking?

I have the D2 and I love it.
Old March 7, 2008, 10:03 PM
MVP

Do you use it mainly just for music or do you watch videos also? been reading about it for a long time the only thing that seems even close to is Iriver Clix which is a bitch to find in Canada. But the touch screen on the D2 or the Q5w would probably be cool to use moreso the pushing on the whole side of then unit... The Q5W is like an Mp3player trying to be a touchscreen laptop which sounds amazing to me...
Old March 8, 2008, 09:10 AM
Allstar

Both of those products look amazing. If your having trouble deciding compare the features of both and this may help with your decision. Perhaps read some reviews?
Old March 8, 2008, 11:07 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwystedMonkey View Post
Do you use it mainly just for music or do you watch videos also? been reading about it for a long time the only thing that seems even close to is Iriver Clix which is a bitch to find in Canada. But the touch screen on the D2 or the Q5w would probably be cool to use moreso the pushing on the whole side of then unit... The Q5W is like an Mp3player trying to be a touchscreen laptop which sounds amazing to me...
My eyes aren't good enough anymore to watch a movie on a small screen. If I want to watch a movie I fire up my TV.