Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2011, 05:47 AM
Rookie

Default Asus Vulcan ANC

Hi everybody,

As Christmas is approaching, I am thinking of buying for a relative an Asus Vulcan ANC headset who is a gamer such as FPS and RPG games.
If anybody already has these headphones, could you tell me your thoughts about it such as sound performance, durability, how comfortable they are, how good is the noise cancelling etc. Or the pros and cons.

Steve
Old December 15, 2011, 03:06 PM

I'm actually quite impressed with this, and while I haven't auditioned them side by side with my 7H (my current favourite gamer headset that doesn't suck) I can say with reasonable confidence that they perform SIMILARLY and that the active noise cancelation DOES work and is actually surprisingly effective.

The hiss kinda bothers me and I don't understand how people tolerate white noise in the name of muffling ambient noise (noise = noise for me...) but it becomes MUCH less noticeable when you turn the volume up to a reasonable level.

I would REALLY have liked to see a USB power option or something though... AAA batteries in my headset? Really? The good news is that if you want to use them without ANC, then you can, so it's not like your headphones become useless just because you run out of batteries.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old December 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm trying to determine between these, corsair 1300/1500, or the Coolermaster ones. I don't have a sound card...
500gb SG + 2TB WD20EARS
Corsair TX650W
Asus P5Q
Lancool K-62BW