Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   Seems I need a new set of speakers... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/48813-seems-i-need-new-set-speakers.html)

Dr_BenD_over November 28, 2011 07:56 AM

Seems I need a new set of speakers...

My Z-640's have started crackling and popping and it does appear to be the speakers (or rather the built in amp) I did manage to get the sub apart to check things out, but I doubt I'll be able to get it back together and have it rattle free so I'm looking at a picking new set budget set for around $100. The local pickings are slim to say the least, even Futureshop doesn't really have anything in stock that's decent. How are Cyber Acoustic? My Logitechs weren't terrible but I'm not to keen on getting another set as their qaulity seems to have gone downhill from checking reviews online.

KaptCrunch November 28, 2011 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
if got a good amp or home theather receiver just get cable to hook from your MB

Dr_BenD_over November 28, 2011 11:24 AM

I think I'm leaning toward Altec Lansing VS2621AM, they're only 2.1 but I'm not exactly playing any games at the moment that benefit from 5.1. 73 bucks at The Source after taxes and EHF.

Dr_BenD_over November 28, 2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over (Post 573430)
I think I'm leaning toward Altec Lansing VS2621AM, they're only 2.1 but I'm not exactly playing any games at the moment that benefit from 5.1. 73 bucks at The Source after taxes and EHF.

Or not, checked them out along with Logitech Z213's, neither gave me a warm and fuzzy, maybe I'll tough it out on headphones for a few weeks and save up to buy a quality set online.

Dr_BenD_over December 8, 2011 01:40 PM

Klipsch Promedia 2.1's?????

Perineum December 8, 2011 05:54 PM

the Klipsch speakers are nice. I've never heard anything bad of them and my Klipsch ProMedia v2.400's are ticking along just fine after a very long time... perhaps a decade now?

Dr_BenD_over December 8, 2011 06:16 PM

Nobody locally carries them so I can't check them out firsthand. The reviews seem to indicate good meaty satellites and not the typical PC fare. Obviously I can't trust online reviews from the tone deaf MP3 generation. I mean really, for music, my old Z-640's suck, it's 5 tweeters and a Subwoofer FFS.

enaberif December 8, 2011 06:23 PM

unless you will specifically set up the speakers in proper 5.1 arrangement 2.1 will sound better.

Nodscene December 8, 2011 06:28 PM

I will admit to not hearing them myself but from everything I've read the will blow away any Logitech speakers. If you can find some Pro-Media's in your price range I'd take the risk (I thought they were discontinued). The only potential downside is that they have horns so may be a bit on the bright side.

Well, just did a search and looks like they are still available.

Jake_HT December 8, 2011 06:33 PM

I own the Logitech Z-5500 and the Klipsch promedia 2.1

There is no contest the Klipsch sound quality is far beyond the logitechs..

They sound great. I mean great.