Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2011, 06:34 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
unless you will specifically set up the speakers in proper 5.1 arrangement 2.1 will sound better.
My rear speakers for the old Z-640's have been attached to the headrest on my chair since 2003... When someone was sneaking behind me in RvS I knew it.
Old December 8, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the Z2200 / Z2300 logitechs as well. I find they put out nice bass but the satellites are not as clear.

My Klipsch have all the bass (and more) of the Logitechs but the satellites are far more clear and bright.

I will say this, however..... I paid $600 for my Klipsch back in the day. The Logitech Z2300's I got on sale a few years later for $99. The logitechs certainly won the bang/buck contest.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have the Edifiers S330D and they are freaking awesome. Highly recommended and you can find them 89$ when on special.
Old December 11, 2011, 09:19 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryZ View Post
I have the Edifiers S330D and they are freaking awesome. Highly recommended and you can find them 89$ when on special.
The S330Ds have excellent sound and build quality, but the bass and decibel level is SERIOUSLY lacking. And from my experience you have to place them far apart to get the best out of them. (I am currently using them for my TV)

Finding the best PC speakers is one of the more difficult tasks when dealing with PC hardware. There's never a balance between them it's always this or that. Logitechs are nice and have good value but they sound too generic. I bought the Altec Lansing VS4121 a while back and sound impressed me then but after setting myself up with an audio system with some mid tier PolkAudios, I'm struggling with the quality of my Altecs.

You should check out the M-AUDIO Studiophile AV40, my friend has them I could never spend more then 20 mins with them at a time since it's always hectic over there. From initial impressions they sound really nice, the bass is warm and smooth; only con I can see from them is that they're huge.