Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Anyone use a Cowon X7?

I'm looking for a large capacity MP3 player, and it's starting to look like my only decent options are an iPod Classic or a Cowon X7. Anyone have any experience with this particular model of Cowon? If so, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Old November 27, 2011, 12:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The X7 - has great sound quality and plenty of EQ tuning options (huge bonus in my books). But - the touchscreen is no ipod touch, it's bigger, heavier and more plasticky than the the ipod classic.
The ipod - is a much more polished product, more comfortable to use, looks and feels better. But - you have the usual apple annoyances - No tunable EQ, and the stupid necessity for itunes.
Personally if not itunes, I would take the ipod classic. And if 64GB (32 + Micro SD 32) will suffice for you, there is the great Cowon J3 with all the advantages of both combined.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

GT7R basically nailed it. The X7 is typical sound for a cowon player, which is definitely better than am ipod. The UI is pretty clunky though. Resistive touchscreen as opposed to a capacitive on most other touchscreen products. Reliability and ease of use definitely go to the ipod for sure