Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17, 2011, 05:56 PM
Rookie

Default PC Gaming Headset

Hi,
I need to buy an headset, but I don't know which. I've seen Steelseries Siberia V2 and 7H, but I don't know if they are really good for quality sound, and if they are comfortable. I've seen also Corsair Vengance 1300 and Zowie Hammer.
Can You give me an advice?
Thanks.
Old November 18, 2011, 04:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have TMJ, a problem that makes headphones very hard to wear for extended or even slight periods of time. I have tried MULTIPLE headsets, and almost all have bothered me except the Corsair HS1. They are like giant pillows covering my ears. They have absolutely zero side pressure (squeezy feel) that makes a lot of headphones uncomfortable to me and I'm sure most people. The sound quality on them is pretty legit too. Not the best for music if you're and audiophile, or movie surround sound hardcore, but definitely pretty damn good for gaming and overall use. Usually they go on sale for $40 (non USB) or $50 (USB)

Old November 18, 2011, 06:58 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I have a set of the Steelseries 7H (non USB) and I love them, very comfortable and have 2 sets of pads for the ear muffs, the biggest factor for headphone sound (or PC sound in general) atleast for me is the sound card. I notice a huge difference between my realtek onboard sound, and my X-Forte card
Old November 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

[quote=zNax;569852]Hi,
I need to buy an headset, but I don't know which. I've seen Steelseries Siberia V2 and 7H, but I don't know if they are really good for quality sound, and if they are comfortable. I've seen also Corsair Vengance 1300 and Zowie Hammer.
Can You give me an advice?
Thanks.[/quote I don't know what your budget is,but the Razer Tiamat 7.1 analog headphones are about to hit the market. The fact that they are analog,is what got my attention. If you don't have a 7.1 analog out put on your sound card,5.1 will work fine. USB surround etc. is crap. Analog is the only way to go for a true surround sound. If you're a gamer,this is the type of headphone you should be looking at. They should be released in about a week or two,and are priced at $100.00. Well worth checking these things out.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 19, 2011, 07:09 AM
Rookie

I've missed to tell you that I have a soundcard, which is Xonar DX. Obviously, I don't want a USB headphone.
I think 5.1/7.1 features are not very important for an headphone. Actually I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 Analog, but in my opinion it's almost the same thing than a good stereo headphone. The reason because I want a new headset, it's because the Kave are very uncomfortable.

So... I don't know which buy. I am very undecided.
Old November 19, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zNax View Post
I've missed to tell you that I have a soundcard, which is Xonar DX. Obviously, I don't want a USB headphone.
I think 5.1/7.1 features are not very important for an headphone. Actually I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 Analog, but in my opinion it's almost the same thing than a good stereo headphone. The reason because I want a new headset, it's because the Kave are very uncomfortable.

So... I don't know which buy. I am very undecided.
I agree that the Roccat's are not all that comfortable. Tritton makes decent headphones with USB and analog. They have 5.1 and stereo. Have you checked the Tritton site? My wife uses the Tritton PC Hda's and she loves them. She was using the Kave's,but the Tritton's were much much more comfortable and excellent sound. Check them out. Good prices too.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5