Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elec999 View Post
I will try it to see. The only problem its hard to find quality rca to 3.5mm jack adapters.
Thanks
That is the thing about digital though it is a yes or no type deal with the cable....if the cable was bad quality it wouldn't allow ANY info to get through and no sound...if the cable is good enough to let the digital signal through then your good. Don't fall into the trap of buy expensive monster cables etc...for something like this. Just a waste of money.
You should use 70ohm cables but what I do in a pinch is use the twin RCA to minijack cables and one RCA jack is the signal and the other is nothing...works until you can get a better cable. Good luck.
Old March 3, 2008, 09:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
That is the thing about digital though it is a yes or no type deal with the cable....if the cable was bad quality it wouldn't allow ANY info to get through and no sound...if the cable is good enough to let the digital signal through then your good. Don't fall into the trap of buy expensive monster cables etc...for something like this. Just a waste of money.
You should use 70ohm cables but what I do in a pinch is use the twin RCA to minijack cables and one RCA jack is the signal and the other is nothing...works until you can get a better cable. Good luck.
I ordered my card, and got the monoprice For only $4.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - 25ft | RCA Audio Cables, my second problem my receiver is a bit far from the computer, will distance also makes a difference. Along is the Belkin 3.5mm to rca and need some good couplers.
Thanks for the great info Robscix
Old March 4, 2008, 05:29 AM
Allstar

Distance can make a difference when it is a extreme to the point of downgrading the signal. In a living room though your OK...
Old March 4, 2008, 05:46 AM
Allstar

BTW, those will do for now..but you should ty and get yourself a 3.5 minijack to mono RCA connector and a 75ohm SPDIF RCA cable...this is considered optimal. Your other cable will work fine though. Just mentioning it.
Old March 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
Top Prospect

[quote=Robscix;43931]BTW, those will do for now..but you should ty and get yourself a 3.5 minijack to mono RCA connector and a 75ohm SPDIF RCA cable...this is considered optimal. Your other cable will work fine though. Just mentioning it.[/quo
3.5 minijack mono?, I dont understand how this will work.
Thanks
Old March 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
Allstar

[quote=elec999;44099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
BTW, those will do for now..but you should ty and get yourself a 3.5 minijack to mono RCA connector and a 75ohm SPDIF RCA cable...this is considered optimal. Your other cable will work fine though. Just mentioning it.[/quo
3.5 minijack mono?, I dont understand how this will work.
Thanks
No,no, my fault. I deal with many cards on a daily basis and I was thinking about cards that have their digital on a plain 3.5 jack. My mistake. YOu bought the proper cable...single "mono" RCA cable referred to as a SPDIF cable... Enjoy.
Old March 5, 2008, 12:04 PM
Top Prospect

[quote=Robscix;44175]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elec999 View Post

No,no, my fault. I deal with many cards on a daily basis and I was thinking about cards that have their digital on a plain 3.5 jack. My mistake. YOu bought the proper cable...single "mono" RCA cable referred to as a SPDIF cable... Enjoy.
Thank you
Old March 10, 2008, 05:15 PM
Top Prospect

I just got my card. My system seems really slow. Is a Athlon xp2600+ with 512ram good enough for this card.
Thanks
Old March 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Allstar

from the Prelude box:
Basic Requirments
*Genuine intel Pentium III 1GHz, AMD 1GHz CPU or faster
*256 Mb Ram