Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2008, 10:25 AM
Allstar

Default High end opamps now Avialable from Auzen!

Auzentech has started selling high end opamps as upgrade options for their soundcards.
They are available here: Auzen Opamps Link

These opamps are all high quality and Cream of the crop as far as audio opamps go.
Great move by Auzen offering their customers another way to improve the quality of their soundcards.
Old February 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

seems the OPAMP AD8620BR + Adaptor would be the one most people would probably order.
Old February 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
seems the OPAMP AD8620BR + Adaptor would be the one most people would probably order.

Why do you think that? -Some say the OPA627/637 are the BEST audio opamps available.
I think they are one of the best out there. There are many nice sounding audio opamps though and the 8620 is one of them too.
Old February 13, 2008, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
Why do you think that? -Some say the OPA627/637 are the BEST audio opamps available.
I think they are one of the best out there. There are many nice sounding audio opamps though and the 8620 is one of them too.
Well from reading their descrips the one I posted sounds like the one most people would opt for if they had to choose.

627 describes classic music
637 describes rock
620 describes low frequencies.

Now the other question is they say $59.99 is that for one or a set?
Old February 13, 2008, 11:33 AM
Allstar

The Price is for each module as it seems. Those opamps are some of the highest quality available, I have seen OPA627 modules go for over $100 for a dual channel upgrade module for a CD player.
Old February 13, 2008, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
The Price is for each module as it seems. Those opamps are some of the highest quality available, I have seen OPA627 modules go for over $100 for a dual channel upgrade module for a CD player.
Holy crap buying those things must mean your a real audiophile
Old February 13, 2008, 11:59 AM
Allstar

To some sound is of utmost importance, I like sound quality. People pay alot for video cards but seem to have trouble wanting to pay for a good audio setup. Gaming,video etc is half and half you need both good sound and good video to get the best experience.
Old February 14, 2008, 06:12 AM
Rookie
F@H

Have any of you ever purchased from digikey.ca? I noticed they have the opamps listed and the prices at a fraction of Auzentech.

Old February 14, 2008, 07:07 AM
Allstar

It would seem you don't know exactly what is involved in the Auzentech opamps modules. You can't just buy these high grade opamps modules from digikey and snap them in the Prelude or X-Meridian. First you would need to buy two of the higher grade opamp chips and a dual SOIC8 to dip8 adapter. Solder both opamps on this little adapter that is about 1cm squared. The top opamps would be difficult enough but the bottom one would be darn near impossible as the soldering is too intricate to be done by hand without special tools. When you consider the hassle of soldering the opamps, testing, shipping and handling from multiple sources..the prices are reasonable. Also, the opamps offered from Auzentech are all high grade and considered by some to be the best of the best in Audio opamps.
Old February 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
Rookie
F@H

You are right, I know nothing about the modules that Auzentech offers and never realized what is involved in changing opamps as I have never done this, the only reason I had mentioned digikey is because I have purchased pots for modding logitech wheels and pedals from them and noticed that they carry or can get a wide variety of components that you just don't find anywhere.