LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2011, 04:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
What speakers are you using them with?

Also don't worry about what Slik said. Doesn't really apply to you
.....hey Jack....seems to me that by reading your previous posts re: what slik has to say....you seem to have it out for him. This is a forum and all opinions\comments should be welcomed. They may not matter to you but they may matter to others who read the thread.
Old August 12, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
.....hey Jack....seems to me that by reading your previous posts re: what slik has to say....you seem to have it out for him. This is a forum and all opinions\comments should be welcomed. They may not matter to you but they may matter to others who read the thread.
Problem is the OP was concerned about what he said, which was absolutely irrelevant without inquiring into what the OP's setup is. I dislike him, but I won't go out of my way to question what he recommends to other people if that's what they're looking for.

So please, sit down and have a cup of milk

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old August 15, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
It does.
I meant 5.1 analog surround.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 15, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Problem is the OP was concerned about what he said, which was absolutely irrelevant without inquiring into what the OP's setup is. I dislike him, but I won't go out of my way to question what he recommends to other people if that's what they're looking for.

So please, sit down and have a cup of milk
I don't think the OP was as concerned as YOU seem to be. All I wanted to do was point out the fact that the Creative HD does NOT have 5.1 analog surround. Not everyone picked up on that, when considering a purchase. For the price,that HD card should have included 5.1 analog. Whether or not you like me is of no concern to me or anyone else in this Forum. Like and dislike are very strong emotions,not unlike love and hate. It's nice to see that your emotions are stimulated by my comments. I must be a hell of a lot better at getting peoples attention than I thought. I for sure got yours! And that was EASY! Take care bud.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old August 15, 2011, 01:47 PM

My System Specs

It is marketed as a 2 channel card. It is no different than cards like the Xonar STX in this matter.
Old August 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It is marketed as a 2 channel card. It is no different than cards like the Xonar STX in this matter.
I was waiting for him to find out for himself, but thanks

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old August 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I know this lowfat, it's just that not everyone reads ALL the promotional info and it is very easy to believe that the card comes with a dongle or other connection for 5.1 analog surround. I did when I first looked at it. Every other Creative card has 5.1 analog outputs and in my opinion,the HD should as well.
Old August 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I am confused about this debate over analog vs digital. Digital sound will be better. There are no high level 5.1 sets that use analog. Maybe for gaming but not for high quality Home theatre or surround sound audio. SPDIF to a good av receiver and a nice set of speakers will kill any logitech 5.1 set up for sound. All sound is eventually being converted to analog and quality is relative to the DAC used, watts produced and the quality of the speakers. If you think there is digital degradation from the use of a 6 foot optical cord you don't know what you are talking about. Lossless audio transmission over spdif or hdmi is the best sound quality available depending on what it is hooked up to.
Old August 16, 2011, 05:02 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianfeng View Post
I am confused about this debate over analog vs digital. Digital sound will be better. There are no high level 5.1 sets that use analog. Maybe for gaming but not for high quality Home theatre or surround sound audio. SPDIF to a good av receiver and a nice set of speakers will kill any logitech 5.1 set up for sound. All sound is eventually being converted to analog and quality is relative to the DAC used, watts produced and the quality of the speakers. If you think there is digital degradation from the use of a 6 foot optical cord you don't know what you are talking about. Lossless audio transmission over spdif or hdmi is the best sound quality available depending on what it is hooked up to.
Exactly this. And I am willing to bet the DAC used on the Titanium HD is better than most mid range receivers. This is exactly why using analog w/ a high quality soundcard is the best choice.

Plus the fact that SPDIF is heavily compress for 5.1.
Old August 16, 2011, 05:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Plus the fact that SPDIF is heavily compress for 5.1.
I think this is what Slik is all hung-up over.

SPDIF can only do 2 channel lossloess. Multichannel on SPDIF is compressed in a lossy format like AC3.

Only HDMI can do 6+ channel uncompressed LPCM.