Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2011, 03:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Paradigm MilleninaOne 5.0 System.

I recently did and install of these speakers along with a Denon Airplay enabled amplifier at a high end Condo in Canmore and have to go on record about how amazing they are.

Anyone looking for a lifestyle speaker setup that is small need look no further. I have heard floorstanding setups that have less depth and sound-stage. My client was ecstatic when hearing the final product and was amazed at the price. He has a high end system at home, so his ears were prepared to be disappointed even if it was expected and he was as shocked as I was. For under $1300 for the 5.0 package I don't think there is even a contender for under $3000. We paired the 5.0 system with Paradigm PDR10 sub as the condo issue required no more bass. Turned out to be a good pairing as well. The Sub that is made for the MilleniaOne system is twice what the 5.0 system is worth. Didn't make sense to use in this situation.

My first thought when I opened the box was how heavy each speaker was. They actually used a cast aluminum housing with a bass tube to lower bass response. Everything about the setup impressed me. The include wall mount and really high quality stands that are cast aluminum that allow you to mount them vertically or horizontally to fit in any area or under a T.V for a center.

I should have got some shots and wish I had something to take sound charts with, but I had no idea that they would be so good. I will be picking up a set for my master bedroom and will use my Anthem MRX to take some measurements when I get them.

Here is the manufacturers link

MilleniaOne

Paradigm is definitely moving in a very strong direction these days. I Cant wait to hear these things with a great sub and an Anthem MRX :)
Old July 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I thought Paradigm was always pretty decent?

They definitely look quite stunning, though that MilleninaOne subwoofer looks intriguing too. Though I'm not sure how much bass response can really come from such a small enclosure, but maybe they worked some magic?
Old July 16, 2011, 10:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I thought Paradigm was always pretty decent?

They definitely look quite stunning, though that MilleninaOne subwoofer looks intriguing too. Though I'm not sure how much bass response can really come from such a small enclosure, but maybe they worked some magic?
I have always thought the same of Paradigm, but I think these speakers are quite an achievement. Also with the Anthem line and ARC capabilites and adding projectors seems to be bringing a 360 solution.

The MilleniaOne sub seems to be quite good if you are absolutely not able to use a more traditional sub, but you pay bigtime. They are over $2200 for the sub alone

I am really regretting not getting an unboxing and pictures of them. They are amazing right down to the packaging and finish. I ran Audyssey via the Denon amp then began playing some .wav audio and we both just looked at each other in disbelief. I don't get surprised like this often.
Old July 17, 2011, 06:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I run paradigms at my house, specifically the monitor 7's v6 and a 290cc center channel with the pdr10 sub. Also being in an apartment I went with the small sub but it does a decent job after it is set up with Audyssey. I just always have to play with the crossover levels to get a more crisp sound from the fronts. Even though Audyssey rates them for 40hz I bump it up to 100hz on all 3 fronts to have my sub doing most of the low freq.

I wanted to look at the millenia speakers when I made my purchase but the local store did not have any. Since paradigm supports local dealers and doesn't allow its products to be sold online I was out of luck. The 2.0 kit for the milleniaone for my computer running from my amp. Did you wall mount them?
Old July 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianfeng View Post
I run paradigms at my house, specifically the monitor 7's v6 and a 290cc center channel with the pdr10 sub. Also being in an apartment I went with the small sub but it does a decent job after it is set up with Audyssey. I just always have to play with the crossover levels to get a more crisp sound from the fronts. Even though Audyssey rates them for 40hz I bump it up to 100hz on all 3 fronts to have my sub doing most of the low freq.

I wanted to look at the millenia speakers when I made my purchase but the local store did not have any. Since paradigm supports local dealers and doesn't allow its products to be sold online I was out of luck. The 2.0 kit for the milleniaone for my computer running from my amp. Did you wall mount them?
I have Monitor 11 / CC690 / SA-15R-30 (ceiling ) / Ultracube 12 for my home theater and am very happy, even with the ceiling speakers. I will be upgrading to studio series when I have the cheddar available.

I like Audyssey but have become quite fond of Anthem ARC. I found the only messing around I had to do was measure distance and then move some of my speakers around to get fantastic charts.

The MilleniaOnes were wall mounted in the rears and were put on stands for front and center. Even the stands were nice. If I had to pick something I didnt like it would be the wall mounts. They were a bit hard to use and cumbersome to get to work nicely with the situation I was dealt. Nothing to really hate, but not perfect.