Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2011, 01:11 PM
Trial Member

Default Steelseries 7h and a headphone amp ?

Hello,
Im planing to buy a new headset since the old one is well... old, and im looking at Steelseries 7H.
I also looked at pc350's but the 7h costs much less.
If i go with the 7H should i buy a headphone amp too? If so which one would you recommend, and would i notice an improvement in sound over a motherboard sound chip ?

Old July 13, 2011, 01:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe you should get your 7H, and try them out first. Maybe it'll be good enough for you needs. If not, then you can try looking for a sound card after. :)
Old August 7, 2011, 07:48 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

I have the 7H and im really happy with the sound quality, comfort and the overall appeal of it. I have it with the Asus Xonar DX sound card and see no need in an amp. Keep in mind that its only 32 Omps, which is fairly low and thus does not NEED an amp to drive them.

I think anything over 50 Omps would be a preferable choice for an amp to get the best out of the headset, but instead of purchasing an amp, just get a sound card. Delivers a much better punch then onboard audio.

Xonar DX recommend !! !!

Tags
steelseries 7h amp