Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2008, 05:21 PM
Top Prospect

just to let you all know that i have received my z-5500 and i was surprise by the sub, damn this thing is big. I still need to find how to make 5.1 speakers work for music (not only movies and games).
Old February 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yah I convinced my father-in-law to buy that system as well and I was freaked by the size of the Sub, it's even bigger than the Z-680s. He's been using it as a poor mans surround with his DVD player/TV for more than a year now and still loves them. Shame I can't get him to trade me, the controller on the 5500 has better options for switching between inputs... Speaking of which.

It depends on how you have them hooked up. If you are using the 3 RCA 3.5mm connectors or 6-channel direct input as Logitec puts it then you can simply change the "Effect" to dobly PRO logic II Music mode. If you are using the Coax or Optical hookup though you'll need to make the adjustment at your sound card, it may have a speaker "Fill" mode or something equivalent. I used to keep both the coax and RCA connectors on and I'd only switch to digital when watching a movie or gaming.

Old February 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

you just gave me the idea to keep the rca connectors. I've received the auzentech x-plosion and i got an optical cable with it. I've plugged it but i hate the fact that its off until a sound i made on my comp. So if i dont have my music on i don't hear all the sound of my vista.
Old February 26, 2008, 03:33 PM
Allstar

If the X-Plosion has replaceable opamps which I am pretty sure it does you can upgrade your sound again for about $20 that would by you about 4 LM4562's. As for 5.1 music from stereo source you need to UPMIX it. Either by using the player, the card or the speakers. Good Luck.
Old February 26, 2008, 04:03 PM
Top Prospect

i know the card is set to 5.1, and working great with movies and games so i,m assuming the speakers are set properly. For my music i'm using windows media player and i can't find where to make the sound go 5.1.
Old February 26, 2008, 06:01 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It would be in the sound driver for your audio card. UPMIX or FILL or 3D whatever marketing called it for your card.

Old February 27, 2008, 07:47 AM
Top Prospect

Someone can help me find a way to keep my music on when i open WoW. Because each time i want to play, my music turn off. Can i do a mix of in-games sound and my music?
Old February 29, 2008, 08:13 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnocide View Post
Someone can help me find a way to keep my music on when i open WoW. Because each time i want to play, my music turn off. Can i do a mix of in-games sound and my music?
Hmm, Usually you can mix the two together. Maybe the game is taking over Direct Sound. So perhaps a Wave output plugin for Winamp might do the trick?
Old February 29, 2008, 11:55 AM
Top Prospect

I just found how to get my music on surround, its in effect and more options. I'm not sure i understand what you just said rob. Can you explain?
Old February 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
Allstar

OK, well you said you wanted to be able to listen to music while gaming right? You can probably do that using Winamp and the wav out plugin.