Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2008, 03:13 PM
Top Prospect

Ill try to get the auzentech prelude and the logitech z-5500 but i don't think ill buy the speakers before may so i can change my mind (not enough place for a 5.1 sound system). I'll check the net to see any on the auzentech and the logitech. Thanks for the info u gave me guys.
Old February 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well the Z-5500 will blow you away, literally.

But you should pick up the new Altec's they always go on sale at Futureshop for around $99. They are one of the best 2.1 systems I've heard. I was at my bro's at xmas and he had some great sound playing so being curious I went to find out from what, there they were, the altecs attached to his iMac...
Old February 9, 2008, 05:15 PM
Top Prospect

just a question, is there any good with low price cordless 5.1 speakers?
Old February 9, 2008, 09:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan View Post
I HAVE THOSE SPEAKERS IM USING THEM THIS INSTANT THEY FING RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT THEM FOR 68 ON SALE LIKE 3 YEARS AGO THEM WITH MY X-FI XTREME GAMER OWNS MY LITTLE ROOM LOL

Holy Caps Lock Batman...
Old February 9, 2008, 10:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

lLOL
Old February 9, 2008, 10:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by low351 View Post
Reaver just to clarify I wasn't dissing the VS4121, in fact they are one of the best deals around.

When I spoke about getting speakers up to snuff I was meaning that dj has an older version of the Altecs that aren't as good and he is willing to put $150-200 on a new sound card, IMHO he needs better speakers. Yours would do fine, just no optical.
im not saying u are im sayingi use them evryday so i know they rock for 2.1 lol
Old February 10, 2008, 08:32 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnocide View Post
just a question, is there any good with low price cordless 5.1 speakers?
I am not sure how low priced they are but Logitech -the 5450's IIRC, has a set of speakers with "cordless" rear channels. Understand though, cordless speakers aren't truly cordless and although the audio signal is transmitted through RF the speakers still require power, which takes a cord usually. Batteries would deplete very quickly depending on the volume level of the speakers, AC power is more practical.
Old February 10, 2008, 11:41 AM
Top Prospect

so if i change the question and ask for the best 2.1 speakers out there. What would be your choice?
Old February 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
Allstar

Some say the Klipsch 2.1 system is good but I have never heard them for myself. I have auditioned a few sets of Edifier 2.1 and they sound very good. That company just brought out a new line of 2.1 systems. You have no room for a 5.1 rig? Here is one of the new Edifier 2.1 systems. The Edifer S330D 2.1 system has Good price and digital input also. LINK This system has full wood construction and two way satellite speakers. The wood will give them a nice smooth tone and the two way satellites will give them a accurate frequency with no gaps that are present in other 2.1 systems. If I was looking for a decent 2.1 system at a good price I would check these out or other Edifier models. I still suggest you go with 5.1. Surround is the best for gaming and video in my opinion.
What is your budget?

Last edited by Robscix; February 10, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old February 10, 2008, 08:52 PM
Top Prospect

right now i can afford a lot over 500$ for soundcard and speakers. If its lower i have no problem with that,i'll keep the money for a future config in 2009. we have 3 computer in the room i'm in till i move. I can find a place for a 5.1 but maybe my parents won't like it. If i buy a 5.1 i'll have to hang the back speakers to the ceiling and i still dont know how it will look where i,m gonna move. That's why i want to know for 5.1 and 2.1 speakers and i dont plan to buy tomorrow.

Last edited by djnocide; February 10, 2008 at 09:52 PM.