Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Looks like you are using the USB audio accessory (sold separately). The only thing thats on our review samples cable is the inline controller. Thats probably why its so darn heavy for you.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 19, 2011, 06:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Looks like you are using the USB audio accessory (sold separately).
Everything on that wire was in the 1 box I bought.
Nothing bought "seperately".
Old May 19, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ah, I see you bought the Sib v2 USB model. Not the Sib v2 we reviewed. Basically yours is the sib v2 with the optional USB virtual 7.1 soundcard sold as a combo deal (which is actually a pretty decent deal as its only 20 bucks more). The standard Sib v2 we reviewed does not come with that USB sound card. USB soundcards by there very nature do add a LOT of weight to the cable. Nature of the beast. :)

SteelSeries – SteelSeries Siberia v2 USB
vs
SteelSeries – SteelSeries Siberia V2

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 3, 2014, 01:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_125 View Post
The whole thing feels cheap! I'm afraid to break it every single time I pick it up. With my previous headset I installed a hook on the side of my desk, so I could easily store the headset away when not in use. There is no way in hell I'd put the Siberia on the hook for off times. I'm too afraid of it breaking. Instead I lay it down flat on the top of my computer case.
It's been a long time since I posted that and I've been meaning to update my post for a long long time.
This may look like a thread necro, but I just want to set the record straight on my previous assumption of this product.

I've had the Siberia headset for a couple years now. They are still as good as new. Nothing's broken, everything still works and the sound is still great! So even though they felt like cheap headphone when I first bought them, they're still rocking my ears on a daily basis.
Old March 3, 2014, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Since the thread is already revived I will add my 2 cents. Have had mine for a bit over a year now and love them. Very light, very comfortable, very good sound in games (all I use them for), decent mic, and I got them for either $50 or 60 (can't remember exactly). You can wear these as long as you want without getting any sore spots (pressure points) like with some headsets. Personally I haven't had a problem with the material used causing sweat either.