Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2011, 02:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Worth buying a USB soundcard for my laptop?

I'm considering buying the Creative X-fi Go! Pro USB soundcard for my laptop because of its headphone surround features. Does anyone have experience with this card? Is it worth buying?
Old April 29, 2011, 09:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPraetox View Post
I'm considering buying the Creative X-fi Go! Pro USB soundcard for my laptop because of its headphone surround features. Does anyone have experience with this card? Is it worth buying?
I bought a cheapo no name usb sound card for mine and it made all the difference in the world. Creative labs makes good stuff. I think if you purchased it, you would notice a ton of improvement in your sound quality, elimination of hissing noises, and system speed, generic sound cards that are built into laptops and package pcs generally aren't very good
Old May 16, 2011, 12:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Take a look at the FiiO E7, which can do USB/DAC and amp for headphones. 0-300 ohms impedance for headphones.

I have the E7/E9 combo to use at work. Good overall sound, especially if you can have decent source and quality encoded music.

Nuforce HDP is probably out of your price range, but it can handle up to 600 ohms impedance headphones. I use it w/ my Senn HD650 at home...this thing is above E7/E9 in the sound department, however, my wallet is not happy