Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
I ordered the DG, $14 after MIR...I'll receive it tomorrow. I'll report back.
A relative told me he had problems with his....PITA to setup he said. Too late, mine was already ordered..now I'm curious...If it's no better than my onboard (P8P67 deluxe), I'll just get rid of it...

Any improvements over onboard in reference with EAX EMULATION????
EAX is very hit and miss with the Xonar cards, depends on the game. But it's still better than standard onboard sound in that regard. Older games that support EAX are especially good.

The card really is a bit of a hassle to setup though, check the Asus forums for the problems.
Old April 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Alright,

I received my DG last night...I didn't really bother to look at it, because I was busy installing my 2 shiny MSI 560ti TFIIs....anyway, I set them up and all...played...benched...

To make a long story short, because the bottom GfX card is really close to the PCI slot...I cannot really install the Xonar DG card...that would block one of the TFII fans.... my other accessible PCI slot is right under the top card...same scenario...too close to the fan and would block off one of the fan...

I was originally planning to buy other cards with vapor chamber-type of cooling (one fan only further away...)
so bad luck here, or p1ss poor planning, lol...I can't use it...I'll return it...$14 after MIR...not a big loss...I might use it later...
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old April 24, 2011, 08:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I bought a Xonar DG from NCIX for $16 after MIR because I was unsatisfied with the P8P67 PRO onboard audio. I am happy with the Xonar DG. For a cheap card it is great IMHO. I use Altec Lansing MX5021 and/or Sennheiser 595's FWIW.

Quote:
To make a long story short, because the bottom GfX card is really close to the PCI slot...I cannot really install the Xonar DG card...that would block one of the TFII fans.... my other accessible PCI slot is right under the top card...same scenario...too close to the fan and would block off one of the fan...
Ya that is why I went with reference 570 SLI. Previously I had 470 SLI TFII cards and ran into the same limitations... Well ok, the main reason was that I wanted the heat to exit the case straight away and not have the heat from the bottom card feed into the top card.