Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That runs fine, no BSOD's whatsoever.

I just tried the X-Fi in a different system with Windows Vista and it's giving the exact same BSOD.
I reckon there's some sort of compatibility issue going on with that Creative card.

I think i'm just going to stick with the onboard Realtek card instead, but unfortunately for some reason the mic input on the onboard card is producing quite a bit of (white)noise and I can't figure out how to get rid of it..
It looks like the signal to noise ratio is very poor because I have to turn the gain and micboost all the way up to get a decent sound level..

My mate has the same Realtek chip on his Asus board and it's giving the exact same noise..
I've already tried all sorts of drivers from the Realtek and Asus website but it's not getting rid of the noise.

Any ideas on that?

Thank you for replying, appreciate it!
Old April 11, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think that the white noise is a codec thing maybe go to the ventrilo or which ever software you are usings website and see what they use to get rid of it
Old June 4, 2012, 08:15 PM
Top Prospect

I am having the same problem with my X-Fi Platinum. Started all of a sudden back in March. I didn't know it was a BSOD issue, until I got a reader for the Dump Reports. Looks like a lot of X-Fi users having same problem. I have narrowed it down to Window Updates, but haven't been able to narrow it down to a single update file yet. I guess this Microsoft/Creative Driver Signage Feud is never going to end.