Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2011, 07:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

What are you saying Slik?

This is a COPY/PASTE from Psyko's FAQ. You dont get any closer to the horse's mouth than that.

If you get the Carbons you are paying the difference for:
Rubberized Finish
Better Drivers (how much better???)
Braided cables (go buy color of your choice braided sleeving from ebay for $10)
Gold Plated jack = gimmick unless you are worried about corrosion of your jacks, no improvement in sound - its been proven, google "snake oil".

But as far as I can see its +$20 for the Carbons, Im sure if they used better speakers it would be worth the price difference alone.

I contacted Psyko for a eval unit, but they want to send them to an official reviewer here... ah well to bad.
Old June 16, 2011, 02:25 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If anyone is interested at all....there's a guy at Guru 3D that's modding the Psyko Carbons. Pretty interesting stuff.
Old July 20, 2011, 05:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

....rather than starting a new thread...I'd just like to warn anyone buying their Psykos directly from them that if you have a problem with them and they give you an RMA #, you still pay for shipping both ways. Happened to a friend of mine. His were not working properly and he had to pay for shipping both ways. Rip Off!
Old August 7, 2011, 06:43 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

I've tried the first Psykos, and thought mine were broken. Brought them into the computer shop where i purchased them, they said its how they suppose to sound. Terrible experience with gaming and un-usable for music or movies.

Complete waste of $$$ in my opinion. I'd go for Sennheiser HD555 or HD595 if you want amazing sound quality.
Old August 9, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry49 View Post
I've tried the first Psykos, and thought mine were broken. Brought them into the computer shop where i purchased them, they said its how they suppose to sound. Terrible experience with gaming and un-usable for music or movies.

Complete waste of $$$ in my opinion. I'd go for Sennheiser HD555 or HD595 if you want amazing sound quality.
The new Carbon series from Psyko is VERY much improved over the original series. After a proper burn in,you will be hard pressed to find a better set of 5.1 analog headphones. I know of what I speak. I compared them to the Tritton Ax Pro, Tritton 510 HDa, Turtle Beach HPA 2, Roccat Kave, and of course,the original Psyko headphones. The Carbons are designed for GAMING and advertised as such accordingly. The only true 5.1 analog headset available today. If there is a better set ever built, I will have them. Right now,there simply isn't.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5