Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 03:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
Not sure how reliable PC gamers reviews are but you have to find a source you trust. Too many reviews that rave items and if you read the fine print they will basically say "yes Psyko has paid me to say this", or "I do not sell or work for Psyko but they promissed to supply me with free headsets"...
I checked...looking for any fine print like that....just to satisfy myself...didn't find anything.
Old April 26, 2011, 07:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I personally feel that anything to do with sound like DBA ratings for Fans is completely subjective. No two people hear the same way period.
So even if someone said "These are amazing" I might put them on and be like "This sounds like crap".

There is not a set benchmark quantitive value that works accurately for Headphones, and there never will be.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 26, 2011, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I personally feel that anything to do with sound like DBA ratings for Fans is completely subjective. No two people hear the same way period.
So even if someone said "These are amazing" I might put them on and be like "This sounds like crap".

There is not a set benchmark quantitive value that works accurately for Headphones, and there never will be.

ST
And that's that. Not much to argue there. Right on the money Soultribunal. Short and to the point.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 26, 2011, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Physics says that you can't get proper surround-sound without having the speakers at a certain minimum distance (head to any home-theater forum for this debate). Having said that, if the drivers are angled in the Carbons, perhaps they're slightly better than other 5.1 sets without angled drivers. Still, I'm wagering physics wins most of the day. In the end, I'll take a pair of high-quality stereo headphones over a 5.1 any time, any day.

No problem with liking yours, though, Slik.
Old April 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Physics says that you can't get proper surround-sound without having the speakers at a certain minimum distance (head to any home-theater forum for this debate). Having said that, if the drivers are angled in the Carbons, perhaps they're slightly better than other 5.1 sets without angled drivers. Still, I'm wagering physics wins most of the day. In the end, I'll take a pair of high-quality stereo headphones over a 5.1 any time, any day.

No problem with liking yours, though, Slik.
The drivers are not angled. All other 5.1 headphones have speakers in the ear cup and some companies set speakers at an angle for a more real surround. Psyko has the speakers in the Headband. At present, Psyko is the only company that uses that design as Psyko designed that set up and I believe it's patented. Absolute and totally different than any other headphone.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 27, 2011, 09:42 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for all your input Slik. I think I'll look to give them a shot.
Old April 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Thanks for all your input Slik. I think I'll look to give them a shot.
I suggest that you get the Carbon version. From what I understand,the Kryptons are the same as the original version. I have the originals and the Carbons are very very much better. IMO.
Old April 28, 2011, 07:58 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, definitely looking at the Carbons based on your opinions.
Old April 28, 2011, 08:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

"What is the difference between Psyko Krypton and Psyko Carbon?
Psyko Carbon uses enhanced speakers for better audio performance. The industrial design is quite similar but Carbon also includes a rubberized finish on the amp as well as a braided cable and gold plated jacks. Overall it is an elite headset using the same technology as Krypton."

Read more: Psyko Audio Labs - FAQ
Old April 29, 2011, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos View Post
"What is the difference between Psyko Krypton and Psyko Carbon?
Psyko Carbon uses enhanced speakers for better audio performance. The industrial design is quite similar but Carbon also includes a rubberized finish on the amp as well as a braided cable and gold plated jacks. Overall it is an elite headset using the same technology as Krypton."

Read more: Psyko Audio Labs - FAQ
The technology may be the same,but the Hardware isn't.