Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yup, that basically sums my fears up nicely Jackie...BUT, like I said if anyone can pull it off its PA. Thats actually why Im almost excited about them, for if they CAN do it...they will be unique. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 14, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I still don't have my set yet. No sense in me saying anything more until I have listened with them on my head. I don't use headphones for music,but,the first series of Psyko DID suck for anything other than gaming. I can't see how the new ones could be worse or even similar in that respect. We shall see.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 14, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Let us know what you think of them when you get them Slik. More information we all have, the better. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 19, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Finally! The Psykos showed up today. I have a couple of first impressions, but I need some time to really check them out so as to provide a proper opinion. If any one has a set of these,don't be too quick in dumping them. I found EQ settings play a MAJOR part in getting Psyko to sound right. I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 21, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

O.K. I have played a few games with them and the new Carbon series are indeed a better product than the originals series. The EQ settings I spoke about are the pre-set gaming options on my sound card,the Xonar Xense. That sound card has 4 pre-sets. FPS,Racing,Hi Fi and Movies. Using any of those settings changes the EQ and that REALLY works. With no EQ or flat,the headphones lacked the oomph in music and a couple of games that I prefer. Regular headphones be they 5.1 analog or stereo provide a sort of "in close" sound where the Psyko's sound like desk top surround. So much like desk tops that some people have to kind of wrap thier head around what they hear. Whatever Psyko did,they have it about as right on as you can get. AkG,if you can some how get your hands on a set of these,you will be VERY impressed. When you fire up a game,you will know exactly what I mean.
Old April 21, 2011, 08:49 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

How is the Bass? I bought a set of G35s last week. They are okay, the bass is really good. But the surround is iffy and I think they mess with the usb. My USB G9 mouse feels laggy when the headphones are working.
Old April 21, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

By saying
Quote:
Regular headphones be they 5.1 analog or stereo provide a sort of "in close" sound where the Psyko's sound like desk top surround. So much like desk tops that some people have to kind of wrap thier head around what they hear
What do you have to compare with? 20$ convenience store headphones don't really count. If you're gonna compare it with binaural headphones at a similar pricepoint, you should at least be comparing to the AKG K702

I wonder how much of that improvement is placebo

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 21, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
By saying

What do you have to compare with? 20$ convenience store headphones don't really count. If you're gonna compare it with binaural headphones at a similar pricepoint, you should at least be comparing to the AKG K702

I wonder how much of that improvement is placebo
Come on Jackquelegs,you have read my posts, and I'm sure you have gathered that I don't buy $20 stuff. I buy headphones for gaming only and prefer 5.1 cans. I have now,or have had pretty much every good set available. I had a set of AKGs about a year ago but I can't remember the model. I got them at Future Shop and paid around $300 for them. Had a couple of sets of Sennheisers as well,including the PC 350s that came with my sound card. Xonar Xense. Every comment I ever made here,referred to Psyko as being the BEST 5.1 analog GAMING headphones available. The new Carbon series have been upgraded as a result of Psyko listening to thier customers and fixing the issues that were problematic in the first series. Those issues were noise leakage from the headband and lack of bass and a bit of mid range. I can tell you,the Carbon series are a HUGE improvement. Is it a placebo effect? If it is,I don't care. The Carbons are doing what I want them to do. Providing what I believe to be, the BEST 5.1 analog gaming headphones available today. And only $200
Old April 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So whats the difference between the Carbons and the Kryptons? The Kryptons are more expensive, I would have gone for those.
Old April 21, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Come on Jackquelegs,you have read my posts, and I'm sure you have gathered that I don't buy $20 stuff. I buy headphones for gaming only and prefer 5.1 cans. I have now,or have had pretty much every good set available. I had a set of AKGs about a year ago but I can't remember the model. I got them at Future Shop and paid around $300 for them. Had a couple of sets of Sennheisers as well,including the PC 350s that came with my sound card. Xonar Xense. Every comment I ever made here,referred to Psyko as being the BEST 5.1 analog GAMING headphones available. The new Carbon series have been upgraded as a result of Psyko listening to thier customers and fixing the issues that were problematic in the first series. Those issues were noise leakage from the headband and lack of bass and a bit of mid range. I can tell you,the Carbon series are a HUGE improvement. Is it a placebo effect? If it is,I don't care. The Carbons are doing what I want them to do. Providing what I believe to be, the BEST 5.1 analog gaming headphones available today. And only $200
I have read your posts and I know that you have no idea what you're buying

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W