Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2011, 02:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Old audio equipment value & other thoughts

Hi All!

My wife and I are looking at buying our first house, which is prompting a cleanout of my storage/workroom. Among the many precious artifacts therein are an old mixer board, an old guitar amp, and a PA-style speaker/monitor. I've used them over the years for music at numerous occasions, and (at one time) as impromptu TV speakers. Everything has a nice clear tone, but I really don't have much use for it all anymore.

The problem is that, should I sell it, I have no idea what to sell it for. I know there are some 70's audiophiles out there who might find some of this of value (the mixer/amp is 1973, I think), but I really don't have a clue. Any thoughts on value or ideas of what one should do with these kinds of things?

For reference, the mixer is a Yamaha EM-70 (not to be confused with the later M-70), the guitar AMP is a Sears 26121 model, and the PA monitor is in a "Crate" enclosure, rated for 100w, and has a horn and a woofer (~12") in it. Here are some pics, as well.

The Yamaha Mixer/Amplifier:

The guitar amp:

As always, any thoughts are appreciated
Old March 7, 2011, 07:48 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan500rider View Post
.....l, and the PA monitor is in a "Crate" enclosure, rated for 100w, and has a horn and a woofer (~12") in it. Here are some pics, as well.....
As always, any thoughts are appreciated
It's very obvious, this enclosure don't have the original speaker, it's a very bad replacement job, the way this enclosure is open all around the speaker it's like if it was not mount in an enclosure at all. Honestly this thing has no value anymore.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

KijijiRegina if you want to sell

Does your local High schoole have a music program. Kidds in Music or a local kidds into music would love that.

Rock on

Edit : This guy may be able to give you getter idea of price

Wanted: Wanted Dead Tube Amps - Regina Musical Instruments For Sale - Kijiji Regina Canada.

Last edited by ZZLEE; March 7, 2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You might get 50 or 100 bucks for the lot.. but that is about it. That equipment is a dime a dozen in major urban areas.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 8, 2011, 06:06 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Meh. 50 or 100 is probably what I paid for it years ago, I think, so I can't complain.

Thanks for the input, fellas. This stuff is totally out of my normal realm...