Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 09:39 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Any experience with this thing?
In the mail right now

I was debating over that combo, or buying a Matrix M-stage...chose the Fiio instead since I've had great experiences with their E1 and E5
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 10:05 PM
KaptCrunch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
In the mail right now

I was debating over that combo, or buying a Matrix M-stage...chose the Fiio instead since I've had great experiences with their E1 and E5

looks its a pre-amp with these spec's

Specification:
Output power: 1W (16Ω Loaded);80mW(600Ω Loaded)
Headphone Impedance Range:16Ω 600Ω
SNR: ≥100dB(A weight)[LINE IN]
Distortion: <0.003%(100mW)[LINE IN]
Frequency response: 10Hz~100KHz
LINE OUT: 2V rms
Predriveout: 0-2V rms
Power supply mode: DC15V/ 1.5A

would a need a real amp/receiver to pump the bass
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 10:27 PM
KaptCrunch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Personally, I would go with either a pci or pcie Auzentech or Asus. They can be had for a decent price. I use the Auzentech xplosion and it works great with both my pc speakers and my home theatre surround system using the optical out.

ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

AuzenTech X-RAIDER 7.1 Channel Sound Card

Creative/SB = Auzentech, a sister company of CT/SB same chipset but different drivers

also to use the fiber optical port, need to pay license to CT/SB
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 10:58 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
looks its a pre-amp with these spec's

Specification:
Output power: 1W (16Ω Loaded);80mW(600Ω Loaded)
Headphone Impedance Range:16Ω 600Ω
SNR: ≥100dB(A weight)[LINE IN]
Distortion: <0.003%(100mW)[LINE IN]
Frequency response: 10Hz~100KHz
LINE OUT: 2V rms
Predriveout: 0-2V rms
Power supply mode: DC15V/ 1.5A

would a need a real amp/receiver to pump the bass
I wouldn't want to buy a full fledged amp for 200$ anyways. However it is able to sufficiently drive most if not all consumer cans.

So no, you wouldn't need a "real" amp or receiver for what this is intended for, headphones and IEMs
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 11:08 PM
GT7R's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Our universe
Posts: 991

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Get a Xonar. Their software allows/forces you to switch between card jacks and front panel jacks. I have my speakers in the rear jacks of my Xonar DX, and keep my headphones plugged in the front jack for when I want to use them. Open the software and select output.
Don't know whether it's true or not, but I've heard lots of complains about problems with driver compatibility with the Xonar... I know it's a great series of cards with good value for money but I'd pay more for reliability.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 11:12 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,917

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Don't know whether it's true or not, but I've heard lots of complains about problems with driver compatibility with the Xonar... I know it's a great series of cards with good value for money but I'd pay more for reliability.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Never had any driver issues w/ the Xonar D2, Xonar D2X, or Xonar Essence STX I have owned.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old February 22, 2011, 11:13 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,071

My System Specs

Default

I can only tell you that my experiences with my Xonar DX have been nothing but positive. I haven't done a lot of searching for driver issues, because I haven't had any.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2011, 01:30 AM
GT7R's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Our universe
Posts: 991

My System Specs

Default

If so the D2X seems to be a good option.
Thanks for the info :)
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2011, 04:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,437

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Creative/SB = Auzentech, a sister company of CT/SB same chipset but different drivers

also to use the fiber optical port, need to pay license to CT/SB
This is not true. I haven't paid anything to use the optical port and my dolby and dts work just fine.
__________________


EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old February 23, 2011, 06:57 AM
KaptCrunch's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
This is not true. I haven't paid anything to use the optical port and my dolby and dts work just fine.

not yours the soundblaster series

if using your own cable, the port don't work till you buy the software from them
Attached Images
 

Last edited by KaptCrunch; February 23, 2011 at 07:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] SteelSeries 5H v2 USB Gaming Headset w/ USB Sound Card - Black norfolk Buy/Sell & Trade 3 July 6, 2010 06:28 AM
Creative Announces Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and USB Sound Blaster X-Fi HD Audio FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 7 March 15, 2010 11:10 AM
Sound Cards and Win7 crispex Troubleshooting 5 June 7, 2009 08:10 AM
Old sound cards better than integrate??? Balfrat Audio 9 March 21, 2009 01:58 AM
Vista64 and sound cards - what's currently better? EventHorizon Audio 3 May 10, 2008 09:18 AM