Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2011, 07:40 PM
Rookie

If I came across "pissy" it was not intended. I feel like your buddy Jackie is the one acting pissy and talking to me like a moron....

Mine headphones are better than yours & ask yourself 5 times and repeat?

Whatever no harm no foul. OP asked about a "Headset" and I gave me opinion. I wish you all well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Well rudel to be fair....he did point out that the headset you recomended was nothing but Dt770s with a mic...and twice the cost (so much so as to put them in a whole 'nother league of cans). I think its a fair argument,and you shouldnt get pissy about it (or at least it seemed that you were getting pissy). TBH only the OP can decide if he wants to spend less coin but deal with a (very small) additional hassle of a separate mic or going for an all in one solution and pay more.

YMMV but when talking to jackie like he is a moron...expect to be slapped down. Jackie is VERY knowledgeable on this and hell Ive picked his brain a couple times on review items. Hell jackie is a reviewer for another site on audio equipment so next time you might want to think twice before mouthing off to him. YMMV. ;)
Old February 1, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

No what he was saying was ask yourself what the dif between headsets and headphones are.

The answer is: a MIC. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dont confuse your epeen with the OPs needs. You got a good pair of cans with a very good mic. Congratulations. BUT The OP can get basically the same for less....why wouldn't peeps recommend and / or suggest an alternative to YOUR suggestion?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 1, 2011, 10:21 PM
Rookie

apparently the topic is controversial. Please feel happy to post your comments. NO one should be mad for help others( or Me only) LOL
Once again,
thanks for all the considerable suggestions that you guys provided.
Im highly appreciated.
you are guys awsome. high-five.!
Old February 1, 2011, 11:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'd vouch for the premium headphone route with a separate mic. Jackquelegs' post contains excellent choices for the money, as they'll sound great for gaming and music. Lots of sound for the dollar.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

If you get a good set of cans, you should probably think about a headphone amp too. Especially if you pick up 600ohm DT770/880. If you're using your onboard sound, anything over 80ohm will probably give you some trouble without the amp.
Old February 4, 2011, 02:16 AM
Rookie

Plantronics, Sony Ericson are the two most important and reliable brands.

Last edited by pauladams; February 5, 2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old February 4, 2011, 05:33 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i agree with a few of the others in this thread. buy the zalman mic (i have one, works good) and get a good set of headphones. you dont need something extreme like 600ohm beyers though.