Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Sound card needed with Rampage 3 extreme ?

Ive been thinking of getting a sound card lately as I just got a pair of sennheiser HD 595 and have started to notice that the audio isn't great on the R3E .Anyone else getting the same ? I did update drivers and its still there. Any suggestions on sound cards? Ive been looking at

NCIX.com - Buy AuzenTech X-MERIDIAN 7.1 2G PCI 7.1 Sound Card Oxygen HD Dolby Digital Live DTS Connect XEAR3D - AZT-XMERIDIAN7.12G In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD PCI-E Sound Card RCA Optical IN/OUT - 70SB127000002 In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E1 SPDIF Sound Card 124DB SNR W/ Headphone AMP - XONAR ESSENCE STX In Canada.

but just cant seem to choose one. I would mostly be playing on my headset but also have it hooked up to home theater for music and movies . Any input would be appreciated .thanks
Old January 25, 2011, 09:54 AM

My System Specs

If you are using headphones the Essence STX is without the best card out of those choices. But it doesn't have 5.1/7.1 analog out. So you would need to use optical out if you wanted to hook it up to a home theater.
Old January 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the reply Lowfat ,i think that is the card Ill go for .As for optical out it's just going to get me moving faster to upgrade receiver faster like i planned to already. Thanks for the help.

Has anyone else had problems with the onboard Audio on a rampage 3 extreme? For the price I'd think the quality should really good.
Old January 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I love my Essence, it really does bring out the quality of music, provided it's encoded at a high bitrate. But perhaps you should consider the Auzentech Forte?

NCIX.com - Buy AuzenTech Forte Low Profile PCI-E 7.1 Sound Card PCI-E Dolby Digital Live Headphone AMP - AZTXFF7105551 In Canada.

It has a headphone amplifier like the Asus, but also a breakout cable for analog surround. It might be worthwhile, since you have a home theater system, and the Auzentech is cheaper too.