Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
Allstar

Default Auzen HDMI 1.3 board PICs & Info!!

Here are the Pics of the new HDMI 1.3 board from Auzentech.

Looks very cool to me. Auzen is pushing the bar again. There is a Video input from your HDMI/DVI GFX card to integrate

with the audio so both are available over the HDMI cable. I will also note many of the current HDMI 1.3 solution available on the market ONLY offer plain SPDIF output formats and resolutions. The Auzen board offer new high resolution formats

The Auzen X-Tension HDMI 1.3 supports LPCM such as:
8-channel Audio : DTS HD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® True HD, Dolby Digital,
DVD-Audio, LPCM 8-channel
IEC60958(S/PDIF) : 2-channel PCM (up to 192kHz)
IEC61937 Compressed audio : Dolby® Digital, DTS digital audio

Press Release form Auzentech 01.06.2008

See Auzentech's HDMI X-Tension and X-Fi Prelude at CES

Santa Clara, CA - January 6, 2008: Auzentech, Inc. Auzentech announces today the demonstration of
an early version of its forhtcoming HDMI X-Tension at CES 2008 in the Creative Labs booth..

"The sample to be displayed is a prototype, the first-of-its-kind, and provides a glimpse at one of the products
online for 2008," said Auzentech President Stephane Bae.
A sample of HDMI X-Tension benefits are listed below:
  • A single HDMI cable can be connected with External devices like Digital TV or Receiver
  • High compatibility with various external/internal devices by multi-Input selection (4 input).
  • Compatibility with Desktop/HTPC/Slim PC (with Standard/LP bracket)
  • Supports the next generation of Audio format (Dolby True HD/DTS HD)
  • Swift and stable hardware installation without any installation of related software.
  • Wide connectivity using the SPDIF Combo Output port.*
  • Support for HDMI 1.3 and earlier receivers
* The SPDIF Input port on the Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 is not available with Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3.
Release of the HDMI X-tension is planned for Q2 of 2008

For more information or live demonstrations of the HDMI X-tension and X-Fi Prelude, visit Auzentech at the
Creative Labs booth (South Hall 3, #30642) during the CES 2008. CES is in Las Vegas from January 7 to 10

As always we will keep this thread updated with new information related to this product.

Last edited by Robscix; January 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old January 8, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

cool! Thats a great idea.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old January 8, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

That's pretty sweet.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 10, 2008, 03:19 PM
Rookie

Hmm, I'm curious about this.. I'm afraid I don't understand the idea behind it. Okay, so you've got your elite Auzentech Prelude and your massive Full-HD LCD.. but you're sending the sound to its crappy, bass-deprived speakers? Why not hook the soundcard up to your nice aftermarket speakers directly via analogue, optical or whatever? I could see this as an option if you don't care much about sound but you want to setup a relatively cheap solution with your PC and telly, but the Auzentech Prelude itself isn't exactly cheap, and this'll only add to that ... and why get the soundcard at all if you're not going to use good speakers?

I imagine I'm missing some crucial point here, and I am interested in why this is such a popular request, so I wanted to throw it out here: can someone tell me what the point is to getting this card?
Old January 10, 2008, 03:36 PM
Allstar

No, no your confused. Many new receivers have BOTH sound and video routings so while your DVI stream from the HDMI cable is routed to your TV the audio from the cable is routed to your nice HDMI ready surround sound system.

For example:

The reason to go HDMI 1.3 is the newer audio standards and newer compatible gear like high end receivers etc. giving your Prelude the ability to pass: DTS HD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® True HD, Dolby Digital, DVD-Audio, LPCM 8-channel

Alternately you could just use this card to connect to a HDMI ready sound system. Does this info help answer your questions?

Last edited by SKYMTL; January 10, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old January 11, 2008, 09:29 AM
Rookie

Thank you for the reply, it does clear things up a bit. Are all of these techniques only available through HDMI, or is HDMI simply the only port you're likely to find on all high-end speaker systems to support them?
Old January 11, 2008, 10:48 AM
Allstar

-These standards are new and found on HDMI ready receivers. If they are available through analog I haven't seen any examples of it yet. Some of those listed standards are NOT compressed and are very high resolution and should give audio quality never available before on the PC. Glad I could help.
Old April 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
Rookie

I still don't get it...why can't you do the same by pulling the HDMI cable from the GFX to the TV and a separate SPDIF to the AV receiver?
Does the HDMI on the GFX only include picture or does it also include sound?

As far as I could see, the card only has HDMI and SPDIF/optical inputs, so all the sound formats has to come from one of those inputs... which one?

Thanks!
Old April 10, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocxTas View Post
I still don't get it...why can't you do the same by pulling the HDMI cable from the GFX to the TV and a separate SPDIF to the AV receiver?

As far as I could see, the card only has HDMI and SPDIF/optical inputs, so all the sound formats has to come from one of those inputs... which one?

Thanks!
Many video cards out there don't do audio through HDMI, only video. You can accomplish a similar result with SPDIF but this is so its only one cable.

All ATI cards from the 2x00 series on support audio in HDMI. I don't know what is going on with nvidia but I am under the impression that all of the 8x00 series don't do audio over HDMI (or only some of them do). the 9x00 series might be different.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old April 10, 2008, 08:37 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocxTas View Post

Thanks!
Not at all. S/PDIF standards are no where as high a quality as HDMI audio solutions. Some of the standards are high resolution lossless. This is the future of high res digital audio. Many of the HDMI solutions available now are meant more for GFX, and their audio standards are nothing more the S/PDIF standards in disguise.

The sound on the HDMI cards comes from the main card -either a Prelude or possibly a X-Meridian 7.1. They are sent through to this board for encoding to HDMI standards.
This card is used with another soundcard.... Hope that answer your questions.